TS2 Getting into town

Hello...

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but I could not find
anything similar to my problem.

I bought the Sims2 when it came out. Unfortunately, my videocard was
lame, even though I had bought a brand new pc.

I ordered and installed a great video card, RCT 3D runs great on it, so
I thought OK, let me get the SIMS2 EP and try a crack at that again.

Everything looks so great!! I am sort of just playing the Sims 2 to get
back in the swing, but I have the EP installed. I remember I used to go
downtown to buy groceries.

This time, I called the cab, he arrived, we got to the screen that
showed the neighborhood and where it asked "where do you want to go?"

I clicked on everything. The controls were all sorta greyed out. I had
no way to get out of the game except to power down my PC. Is this
because of the EP installed? Am I missing something obvious, which is
very possible?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Ryan

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Do you mean you can't get to a
community lot from witin Sims2.... or University?

<papermoon63@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello...
>
> I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but I could not find
> anything similar to my problem.
>
> I bought the Sims2 when it came out. Unfortunately, my videocard was
> lame, even though I had bought a brand new pc.
>
> I ordered and installed a great video card, RCT 3D runs great on it, so
> I thought OK, let me get the SIMS2 EP and try a crack at that again.
>
> Everything looks so great!! I am sort of just playing the Sims 2 to get
> back in the swing, but I have the EP installed. I remember I used to go
> downtown to buy groceries.
>
> This time, I called the cab, he arrived, we got to the screen that
> showed the neighborhood and where it asked "where do you want to go?"
>
> I clicked on everything. The controls were all sorta greyed out. I had
> no way to get out of the game except to power down my PC. Is this
> because of the EP installed? Am I missing something obvious, which is
> very possible?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> Ryan

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

Did you Click on the Shopping Center you wanted to go to? They show up with
the lot outlined in green or blue... click on one and the taxi should take
you there.
Sage