AGP Video card upgrade

Hi I have an old IWILL mobo KK266 with AGP 2X/4X slot, is this going to work:??? (found in newegg).
SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
9 answers Last reply
More about video card upgrade
  1. You should also check out this article regarding the Best Video Cards for the Money (AGP). This was from last Novemeber.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,2064-6.html
  2. Yes it will, new AGP cards should be backwards compatible. Good Luck!
  3. Thanks for the help!
  4. I bought a used 7900 GS 8X AGP card instead, it boots up but the screen is messed up, green/white lines going crazy across and down. Is this a voltage issue?
    I hope I did not messed up the card. Put the old GEFORCE GTS 64MB back in and it works fine.
  5. Sounds more like the card is bad. Those lines and crap are artifacts - a pretty clear sign the card is bad.
  6. Yeah youre right, the card is bad.
  7. Did it work for you? I have an old kk266+ and I'm thinking about upgrading it slightly as a stopgap measure until I can get a a couple hundred more dollars to get a new system. I'm thinking about buying the ZUMAX 550w psu with the -SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB- that you listed. I remember gettinga geforce 3 several years ago and had power down issues (when i shutdown the computer wouldn't shut off correctly and I had to hold the power button to shut it off all the way). That was with the old PSU though (only 300w).
  8. Better late reply than never
    nJohanis,

I ended up buying a new build (AMD Kuma 7750 setup) and the KK266+ is in storage (I'm nostalgic about old computer parts).
    I send the video card to XFX for testing and found out it was defective and they asked me if I want the new PCI-E versions since they do not have AGP in stock (the double lifetime warranty worked great!) I got an upgrade for free.
    But other than that if I had the non-defective version, it could have worked!

Thanks
    45mapper

nJohanis said:
    Did it work for you? I have an old kk266+ and I'm thinking about upgrading it slightly as a stopgap measure until I can get a a couple hundred more dollars to get a new system. I'm thinking about buying the ZUMAX 550w psu with the -SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB- that you listed. I remember gettinga geforce 3 several years ago and had power down issues (when i shutdown the computer wouldn't shut off correctly and I had to hold the power button to shut it off all the way). That was with the old PSU though (only 300w).
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Sapphire Graphics