doggerdaz

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
hi guyz, Just a quick question.

Over the last 6/8 months every game lags and even when i set it to low settings most games still lag badly.
My pc aint that bad and should play all the latest games on dx10 at med settings surely?

could my problem be my HDD its about 2 years old and samsung i belive @ 320gb

pc specs

win7 ult 64 bit
E8400 hyper 212 plus heatsink/fan oc @ 3.2ghz
asus p5n-D 750I
4 gig ddr2 800 ocz reaper HPC
GTX260 sp216
ocz gamesXtreme 700W
320 gb HD 7200 rpm

I will find out what hdd i have and post back

doggerdaz

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
1. What games?

any new game whats come out this past 9 months. ive not played any older game for about 18 months

2. What resolution?

19" widescreen @ 1440x900 .... So the res is not a probs lol

doggerdaz

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
games like, new MoH. gothic 4, FO new vegas. starcraft 2. ETC

also i dont use CAT drivers its a nvidia gtx 260. and im using the latest drivers ive checked. all other drivers are upto date as well. My freinds have worse pc`s than me and not getting half as much lag as me.

Also is my ram useage supposed to be at 35% used when im not even doing nothing?

EDIT: ive even tested 2 older games and both had lag wich i never used to have. the games was "men of war red tide" call of duty 5" wich i used to play and have about 90fps easy but now i get alot of lag

also i dont use CAT drivers its a nvidia gtx 260. and im using the latest drivers ive checked. all other drivers are upto date as well. My freinds have worse pc`s than me and not getting half as much lag as me.
Gah! My mistake lol. If drivers are upto date there shouldn't be a problem.

Also is my ram useage supposed to be at 35% used when im not even doing nothing? [//quote]
That is not normal. I'm using 55% of my 4GB on my laptop right now.

There seems to be something really wrong going on. A few things that could be causing this:
1. New program running in the background
2. Virus/Spyware
3. Something got F***ed up with the drivers.

doggerdaz

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
ok ive just thought of some thing with the drivers. When i install/update my gfx drivers, I do as normal: delete old disply driver (thats the only 1 i remove)
reboot/ install new driver/reboot. but heres my problem with win7. after i delete and reboot i then install the new driver and it starts and a few secs into it it says something about wizard is running and wont continue. If i wait a minuite or so it then says wizard as updated my gtx260 drivers and then lets me contiuning my driver ive downloaded from nvidia.
So am i getting a conflict and its not installing the correct driver its just installing the driver win7 is adding with the wizard?
how do i stop win7 updating there own drivers so i can get my proper nvidia driver on?
but even after all that i goto nvidia and it says im on the latest driver so is all correct?

Well well. some ones just told me to run malwarebytes in safemode and it found a good few infections, so i deleted them and now i can play games 10x less lag as before.
Its still not as it should be but a dam sight better. But time to format. will reply once done