Philips 109b out o focus

G

I have a Philips 109b that is out of focus, the entire screen is equally out of focus. The middle sides seem a little better. Is this some thing I can fix or some thing better left to a professional?

thank you,
tom s

I used to have a 109b and 109p (at work long ago [now P260]) but don't remember all the features (it's been about 2 years), first thing turn off LightFrame, it really oversaturated and blurred my images.

Then go into the on screen menu and set it to factory defaults, see if that helps.

Also check the zoom and the moire settings (turn to off), that may affect it, otherwise you're very limited.

You can also try a different refrsh rate which will affect the scan line pattern across the screen.

I don't remember there being a beam focus adjustment on the back of the monitor and unlike the P series you don't have convergence adjustments, but that would be more of a colours not lining up correctly more than just simply out of focus.

And I agree with RunsWindow, it's not worth fixing the 109b, it'd be better to buy a new monitor, even a better second-hand CRT.