How to install the patch

Hi.
Can someone help me?
How can I install the official patch in The Sims 2, if I don't have an
original copy of the game?

if it's not possible: can I install University without installing the patch?

thank you very much!
Lorenzo
6 answers Last reply
More about install patch

    Lorenzo wrote:

    > Hi.
    > Can someone help me?
    > How can I install the official patch in The Sims 2, if I don't have an
    > original copy of the game?
    >
    > if it's not possible: can I install University without installing the patch?

    I don't think you can do either.

    The patch asks you for CD #4 for the CD version anyway.

    The Uni EP will check "to make sure you are current" i.e. have the
    patch. And then immediately asks you to put in a disc from the game.

    I'm sorry, but you're screwed sans original copy.

    -georg

    hehe .. it's not impossible because I've done it with a copy of my
    originals and managed to update and apply the patch .. it was a challenge to
    me other than stealing or pirating .. and I managed to overcome it.

    I am not going to share this info .. not here anyways but I want to say that
    no protection whatsoever is immune to cracking and overcoming.

    just my two cents.

    > Lorenzo wrote:
    >
    >> Hi.
    >> Can someone help me?
    >> How can I install the official patch in The Sims 2, if I don't have an
    >> original copy of the game?
    >>
    >> if it's not possible: can I install University without installing the
    >> patch?
    >
    > I don't think you can do either.
    >
    > The patch asks you for CD #4 for the CD version anyway.
    >
    > The Uni EP will check "to make sure you are current" i.e. have the patch.
    > And then immediately asks you to put in a disc from the game.
    >
    > I'm sorry, but you're screwed sans original copy.
    >
    > -georg

    Please, tell me how to do it...
    Send me an email, lorenzosabattini@libero.it

    PLEASE!!!!

    "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > hehe .. it's not impossible because I've done it with a copy of my
    > originals and managed to update and apply the patch .. it was a challenge
    > me other than stealing or pirating .. and I managed to overcome it.
    >
    > I am not going to share this info .. not here anyways but I want to say
    that
    > no protection whatsoever is immune to cracking and overcoming.
    >
    > just my two cents.

    Of your originals?? There is only one game. Unless you mean your original
    cds..............then the thing is that they are copies of 'your' original
    cds, not just copies period.

    "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    > hehe .. it's not impossible because I've done it with a copy of my
    > originals and managed to update and apply the patch .. it was a challenge
    > me other than stealing or pirating .. and I managed to overcome it.
    >
    > I am not going to share this info .. not here anyways but I want to say
    that
    > no protection whatsoever is immune to cracking and overcoming.
    >
    > just my two cents.
    >
    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Lorenzo wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi.
    > >> Can someone help me?
    > >> How can I install the official patch in The Sims 2, if I don't have an
    > >> original copy of the game?
    > >>
    > >> if it's not possible: can I install University without installing the
    > >> patch?
    > >
    > > I don't think you can do either.
    > >
    > > The patch asks you for CD #4 for the CD version anyway.
    > >
    > > The Uni EP will check "to make sure you are current" i.e. have the
    patch.
    > > And then immediately asks you to put in a disc from the game.
    > >
    > > I'm sorry, but you're screwed sans original copy.
    > >
    > > -georg

    yes my original CD's. But my point was that all this protection is
    useless because it can be bypassed someway or the other and it;s just a
    matter of time ... while the only ones hurt by all the extensive protection
    are the legitimate buyers .. because they have to pull up with the
    consequences of these thought-to-be-strict protection. like for instant all
    of us using Clone CD having to remove it because it's on the Games Industry
    Black List .. Or like old CD Drives not Reading the CD's correctly because
    they can't deal properly with the Up-To-Date Pain-In-The-Ass Protections ..
    and for what .. CD Pirates have fully working copies without any huss or
    pain dealing with these protections.

    > Of your originals?? There is only one game. Unless you mean your
    > original
    > cds..............then the thing is that they are copies of 'your' original
    > cds, not just copies period.
    >
    > "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    >> hehe .. it's not impossible because I've done it with a copy of my
    >> originals and managed to update and apply the patch .. it was a challenge
    >> me other than stealing or pirating .. and I managed to overcome it.
    >>
    >> I am not going to share this info .. not here anyways but I want to say
    > that
    >> no protection whatsoever is immune to cracking and overcoming.
    >>
    >> just my two cents.
    >>
    >> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

    >> > I don't think you can do either.
    >> >
    >> > The patch asks you for CD #4 for the CD version anyway.
    >> >
    >> > The Uni EP will check "to make sure you are current" i.e. have the
    > patch.
    >> > And then immediately asks you to put in a disc from the game.
    >> >
    >> > I'm sorry, but you're screwed sans original copy.
    >> >
    >> > -georg

    those who is interested in the games industry, there are people looking
    for game designers. to apply: http://spacefed.com/gc/i.cfm?p=contact ,
    more openings can be found at http://spacefed.com/jobs/

    Cowly the Game player
    Visit some of the games I play