Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Problems

Alright here is my problem have asked several friends they couldn't figure it out.

Background: I have had this wireless card for several years now and has never given me problems. The card is in my desktop. It is a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz PCI Adapter Model No:WMP54G. I have just recently reformatted and installed everything back on like normal. (I reformat my computer several times every couple of months. It is easy and no problem for me.) I update everything Windows XP, all my drivers for my video card and motherboard. Then I decide to install my wireless card. I put the cd in from when I bought it and it goes through. Well when the computer turns off for me, so I can install the hardware, I boot up and it never gets to the windows boot screen. So I pull the card out and boot up. Goes all the way. I uninstalled the software. I found a newer driver and installed that one. This time I install and it gets into windows then restarts itself. It restarts non stop till I stop it.

So now I reformatted again trying to see if it was conflicting with some other software or updated drivers. Well It is the first item I installed after reformatting and it still does the same thing. I have tried with my cd and I have tried with the updated driver from the Linksys website.

I also tried using a different PCI slot on my motherboard to see if I just had a bad PCI slot. That did not do the trick.

Anything that will help me out I will try it. I am pretty computer savvy so tell me what to do I will try it. I have nothing on it at this point.

I am almost to the point of buying a new card, but money is tight so it is not my first option. More like my last.
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wireless adapter problems
  1. Try going into the motherboard BIOS screens and look for the one which allows you to deselect ports. Disable COM ports, MIDI/Game port, Parallel Printer Port (if using USB printer).

Restart Windows a couple of times to let it reassign resources. Have another go at installing wireless card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless PCI Linksys Wireless Networking