Sign in with
Your question

Xfx geforce 6800gt 256mb ddr3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 17, 2009 10:42:20 PM

this is what it says to do in the instructions on the disk that came with it (Enabling overclocking:
This step requires you to edit your registry. To enable overclocking simply
open <cd>others\overclock\overclock utility.reg
Now open Display properties. Choose the setting tab and click the
advanced button. Now choose the GeForce tab and click the additional
properties button. Select the Clock frequencies tab of the Additional
GeForce Properties Window. The rest should be self-explanatory) don't know how to go about the registry. when i typed in<cd>others\overclock\overclock utility.reg it said file not found or whatever. on a forum i found it said to install coolbits after the coolbits download it said there would be an additional tab for properties after clicking the card tab in the advanced properties tab but there was none. there was another page i found that had me download something to change the registry with the same instructions (Choose the setting tab and click the
advanced button. Now choose the GeForce tab and click the additional
properties button. Select the Clock frequencies tab of the Additional
GeForce Properties Window.) again no additional properties window.............ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!!!!!!!! any ideas?
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
April 18, 2009 2:35:31 AM

Ok, what drivers are you using, what OS, and do you have the Nvidia System software (I think that's what it's called now)?

These will help us determine how to help you overclock it.
April 18, 2009 3:42:05 AM

not sure how to check the drivers, windows xp and have no clue what system software is. will check it out tho
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2009 6:55:42 AM

I'd say forget all that because it's way out of date. You should be able to use RivaTuner, though.
!