Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please help

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 27, 2011 1:20:26 AM

Hello,
I would like to change the All Programs view from three columns to one because I can't see all folders

More about : question

August 27, 2011 7:23:09 AM

MagAngel said:
Hello,
I would like to change the All Programs view from three columns to one because I can't see all folders

Can you be more specific, as to what you mean ? Or what you do that you can't see all folders ?
August 27, 2011 1:02:18 PM

ksiemb said:
Can you be more specific, as to what you mean ? Or what you do that you can't see all folders ?

When I hit "Start" then "All Programs" my folders are in three columns and I can't change it to one column so I can scroll down and see all of the folders. With the three columns, if there are more folders than can fit in the three columns, I can't scroll to see the last ones.

Strangely enough, I was messing around with this problem last night and then I gave up. When I signed on this morning, the view was in one column, just what I wanted! Except that I don't know what I did to change it. I was trying so many things that I don't know which one worked. Do you?

Thanks for trying to help me. If I ever have to reinstall Windows XP again, I'll have the same problem and won't know how to fix it, unless you can tell me what thing that I did that changed it.

Thank you!
Related resources

Best solution

August 27, 2011 3:29:12 PM
Share

I understand what you are saying.
For a user who has many shortcuts in the All programs, the default settings are multiple colums, but if you have many , many shortcuts, then you can't see the last ones.
I am assuming you have a Classic Start menu in your xp, and you just want to scroll down a single column.
Easy!

Right click the taskbar and go to properties , then go to Start menu tab. Click customize. Under advanced start menu options, look for Scroll Programs and check it. and double click ok. This will make the All programs scroll on a single column.

If you ever want the multiple columns back , just uncheck it again. :hello: 

August 28, 2011 2:57:31 AM

Best answer selected by MagAngel.
August 28, 2011 3:01:42 AM

me 1 said:
I understand what you are saying.
For a user who has many shortcuts in the All programs, the default settings are multiple colums, but if you have many , many shortcuts, then you can't see the last ones.
I am assuming you have a Classic Start menu in your xp, and you just want to scroll down a single column.
Easy!

Right click the taskbar and go to properties , then go to Start menu tab. Click customize. Under advanced start menu options, look for Scroll Programs and check it. and double click ok. This will make the All programs scroll on a single column.

If you ever want the multiple columns back , just uncheck it again. :hello: 



Dear Apprentice:
Quote:
Hello! :hello: 

You are terrific! Thanks for answering me. I must have done this among the hundred things I tried last night because it showed one column this morning. But I couldn't remember how I did it. The problem I was having was that I didn't have "Classic Start Menu" chosen, and the only way you can click on "Scroll view" is if the Classic Start Menu is chosen. Thank you so much. It was REALLY bothering me not to have the single column. :hello: 
!