Sign in with
Your question

Starting out

Last response: in Overclocking
November 26, 2010 5:16:56 PM

I want to overclock my basic store bought hp, until I build a new pc. I already did my graphics card, (really simple thanks to CCC) and wanting to do everything else now. If you could link me to a good guide I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Also, specs:

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor
2x2 gb memory 1.3ghz
Win7 home premium 64
PEGATRON CORPORATION Narra6 motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 4650

If you need anything else, please let me know.

More about : starting

November 26, 2010 5:18:23 PM

Btw, just re-did my 'windows experiance index' thing, went up from 5.5 in graphics to 5.7. Not alot but something right?
November 27, 2010 3:47:42 PM

well, since it's not a BE cpu, you can slowly up your FSB. should be 200 stock, just bump to 201 and run a prime 95 test and run coretemp or some other temp monitor while running prime 95. But make sure your cpu does NOT get above 62C running prime for at least 2 hours under 100% load. If it's not to stable or shuts down leave the FSB at 201 and slowly up your cpu voltage by +1^ each time until stable.
Related resources
November 27, 2010 11:14:40 PM

Yeh, tried something like that, but didn't get as far as turning up the FSB. The bios didn't eaven have the option.
November 28, 2010 2:03:25 AM

What is your bios options? You may have to (if it has the option) either enable or set MANUAL instead of Auto in your bios for the said option.
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2010 3:04:39 AM

You won't find any of the required settings to overclock in your BIOS, HP removes options like that since overclocking voids your warrenty and could easily damage your hardware if you screw up. Overclocking is mostly restricted to home built computers, and one of the key reasons I build my own systems.
November 28, 2010 9:01:53 AM

Oh, well in that case propably not gonna try overcklocking just jet, the warranty voids on it's own in a few weeks I think, hopefully using ati overdrive doesn't void anything.
November 28, 2010 11:12:14 PM

You can use overclocking software. Like cpu throttle or something like that. There are some others, just google them.
Edit: look up Setfsb
!