Amd 1090t overclock fan help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

The 2nd fan on the CMH212+ at the most will improve performance by 1c, been there done that, but you can still go that route and find out for yourself.

I would suggest not just going with a 2nd fan but replacing the existing and going to higher cfm fans period, say around 110cfm fans a 120mm matched pair, that is, if you want to improve on what you already own.

The higher cfm fans will gain you about 3c under load which is actually not that great of an improvement, but could keep you just inside the ballpark.

If you want better cooling it's going to cost you more, you really do get what you...

luke904

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
yes, the 212 will keep it plenty cool. just watch your temps (google hardware monitor)

you should be able to easily reach 3.8, higher is definitely possible though (4Ghz).

make sure your loaded temps (under a stress test such as prime 95) stay below 60 - 60 wont kill it, but if you want to run the over clock 24/7 then you dont want the temps too high.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

ahh okay thanks.. would would be another option that i could go with. besides water cooling. i want to stay away from tht.

luke904

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
what would be another cooling option except water cooling? in my opinion.. the 212+ is pretty dang good.. you could $80 and get a little bit better one but it really wouldnt make sense. how many fans are on your 212+?

The 2nd fan on the CMH212+ at the most will improve performance by 1c, been there done that, but you can still go that route and find out for yourself.

I would suggest not just going with a 2nd fan but replacing the existing and going to higher cfm fans period, say around 110cfm fans a 120mm matched pair, that is, if you want to improve on what you already own.

The higher cfm fans will gain you about 3c under load which is actually not that great of an improvement, but could keep you just inside the ballpark.

If you want better cooling it's going to cost you more, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to air cooling, and if it would fit in your case I'll 2nd luke904's Noctua suggestion.

But regarding your original question, why don't you try overclocking first, and then see where you stand as to your cooling situation?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.