OMG please help!! ordered vga without checking if my mobo supports it!

jchan

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
lol you're fine ... don't worry

*edit*

Just wondering, why did you choose this micro atx? It has onboard video which you have to disable yourself.... And unfortunately, one of the reviewers said that this board is PCI express 1.0 .... if thats true ... you're video card won't be compatible =/

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I'm very worried guys coz newegg lied on the pcie 2.0 , it doesn't say anything on gigabyte's website about 2.0!!! . Does this board only support pcie 2.0? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damnnnnnnnnn!!! :( :??:

edit: ^ ok thanks!!
I was worried there hehe

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
There are only a handful of particular cases where PCI-E 2.0 graphics card would not work on a motherboard with a PCI-E 1.0 chipset, and it was more of an interoperability issue, not a "compatibility" issue. This was almost exclusively limited to VIA chipsets and a cohort of older NForce 4 motherboards with a buggy BIOS.

There are cases involving older motherboards based on Intel 915 and ATI RS482/485 as well, but this only affects the HDMI audio controller that is integrated on newer PCI Express graphics cards (e.g. Radeon 3000 and higher, GeForce 9 and higher), not the actual graphics. IOW, the graphics work fine, only the onboard HDMI audio controller won't function.

Other than that, there are no problems.