Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Local disk "D" missing

Last response: in Storage
October 21, 2010 4:03:22 PM

After I reinstalled my windows the 750gb hard drive has gone missin I looked in "my computer" but its not there =|
When i was installing windows it asked me which harddrive I wanted to use and both of my hard drives were available.

Oh and I use to have a 32 bit system now I got 64bit could this be the problem, please some1 help

More about : local disk missing

Best solution

a c 354 G Storage
October 21, 2010 4:08:16 PM

Does it show up in disk management? If so, you need to assign it a drive letter before it will show up in my computer.
October 21, 2010 4:24:46 PM

Alright, yeah i got it lol such a noob i am =D
Related resources
October 21, 2010 4:25:05 PM

Best answer selected by Andreyftw.
January 6, 2012 7:51:56 PM

Hey everyone, I've had the same problem recently and would love some help, I tried naming my disc in the diskmgmt.msc but it keeps telling me
"The operation failed to complete because the disc managment console view is not up to date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists, close the disc managment console, then restart Disc anagment or restart the computer."

As you can imagine, I've restarted the disc manager and the computer a couple of times but it keeps bringing that up, I don't understand, any help'll be much appreciated !
February 20, 2012 8:25:33 AM

my also same problem but i cant see local hard disk even in disk management ...... so what to do ??????????
plzz reply
!