TS2: Objects constantly breaking - problem solved!

A while ago, I posted a problem I was having with one house, where just
about every object in the house would break everytime it was used. I
finally found what the problem is and how to solve it. So, I'm posting this
in case anyone else has the same problem.

Problem: Several objects on a lot break after every use.

Affects: It mainly seems to affect electronic and plumbing objects, but it
puts the piano out of tune as well.

Cause: The "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat. One of the options
allows you to spawn something called a "Break Inducer" which causes
breakable objects to break after use. This is a clear example of how
experimenting with this cheat can screw up your game.

How to reproduce problem:
1 -> ctrl-shift-c, enter "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true"
2 -> shift-click on any Sim on the lot
3 -> click Spawn...
4 -> click Break Inducer

How to solve problem:
1 -> ctrl-shift-c, enter "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true"
2 -> shift-click on any Sim on the lot
3 -> click Spawn...
4 -> click More...
5 -> click Break Suppressor
and optionally, you should turn the boolprop cheat back off. This is done
the same way as turning it on, just substitute "false" for "true"

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.
1 answer Last reply
More about objects constantly breaking problem solved

    I have said many times... "avoid" this cheat.

    "Schfooge" <schfooge@NOSPAMFORME.rogers.com> wrote in message
    >A while ago, I posted a problem I was having with one house, where just
    >about every object in the house would break everytime it was used. I
    >finally found what the problem is and how to solve it. So, I'm posting this
    >in case anyone else has the same problem.
    >
    > Problem: Several objects on a lot break after every use.
    >
    > Affects: It mainly seems to affect electronic and plumbing objects, but it
    > puts the piano out of tune as well.
    >
    > Cause: The "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat. One of the options
    > allows you to spawn something called a "Break Inducer" which causes
    > breakable objects to break after use. This is a clear example of how
    > experimenting with this cheat can screw up your game.
    >
    > How to reproduce problem:
    > 1 -> ctrl-shift-c, enter "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true"
    > 2 -> shift-click on any Sim on the lot
    > 3 -> click Spawn...
    > 4 -> click Break Inducer
    >
    > How to solve problem:
    > 1 -> ctrl-shift-c, enter "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true"
    > 2 -> shift-click on any Sim on the lot
    > 3 -> click Spawn...
    > 4 -> click More...
    > 5 -> click Break Suppressor
    > and optionally, you should turn the boolprop cheat back off. This is done
    > the same way as turning it on, just substitute "false" for "true"
    >
    > I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Video Games