Rundll

May 22, 2004 3:55:10 PM

I have an error message when open certain programs in
Windows XP

Rundll
Error loading winupd.dll
The specified module could not be found

Any smart people out there can solve my problem?

More about : rundll

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 5:02:02 AM

Hi,

Winupd.dll is spyware. Try booting into Safe Mode and unregsitering
winupd.dll and then delete this unwanted file.

Step 1: (Search for the file)
======
1. Search for "winupd.dll"
2. Note the location of the file

Step 2: (Unregister the file)
======
1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type "regsvr32 /u <path>\winupd" (without quotes)
Note: Replace <path> with location of the file searched earlier in Step
1.
3. Click OK

Step 3:
======
1. Search for "winupd.dll"
2. Delete the file "winupd.dll".

Step 4:
======
1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type "MSConfig" and click OK.
3. In the "System Configuration Utility" windows select the "Startup" tab
4. Uncheck the check box for any item entry that looks with name such as
4jatk3@4#ajhrm or dhnubh or a file that refers to winupd.dll and also
uncheck if present any entry similar to [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe.
5. Click "OK" and then click on "Apply"
6. Reboot the sytem.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
!