Rundll

I have an error message when open certain programs in
Windows XP

Rundll
Error loading winupd.dll
The specified module could not be found

Any smart people out there can solve my problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about rundll

    Hi,

    Winupd.dll is spyware. Try booting into Safe Mode and unregsitering
    winupd.dll and then delete this unwanted file.

    Step 1: (Search for the file)
    ======
    1. Search for "winupd.dll"
    2. Note the location of the file

    Step 2: (Unregister the file)
    ======
    1. Click Start -> Run
    2. Type "regsvr32 /u <path>\winupd" (without quotes)
    Note: Replace <path> with location of the file searched earlier in Step
    1.
    3. Click OK

    Step 3:
    ======
    1. Search for "winupd.dll"
    2. Delete the file "winupd.dll".

    Step 4:
    ======
    1. Click Start -> Run
    2. Type "MSConfig" and click OK.
    3. In the "System Configuration Utility" windows select the "Startup" tab
    4. Uncheck the check box for any item entry that looks with name such as
    4jatk3@4#ajhrm or dhnubh or a file that refers to winupd.dll and also
    uncheck if present any entry similar to [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe.
    5. Click "OK" and then click on "Apply"
    6. Reboot the sytem.

    Hope this helps ...... :)

    Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

    The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Configuration Rundll Windows XP