Sign in with
Your question

Ati 4670 gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 18, 2009 7:12:09 AM

Hello
i have a Gigabyte ATI 4670 512MB GDDR3 card. I have 2GB DDR2 ram and XP SP3. I think i have a Pentium 4 3.00Ghz HT processor.
I want to buy some new games and i was what games would it play that would also look good on my 22" display. Any suggestion? (by the way i want to play NEW games like 2007 onwards)
Thanks in advance.

More about : ati 4670 gaming

April 18, 2009 7:55:48 AM

Your GPU is adequate... but that P4 will be severly lacking if you're looking to play 2007+ games.
April 18, 2009 8:31:08 AM

With a resolution of 1680x1050, most newer games won't play well. Performance in anything based on the Source engine would likely be just fine, including Left 4 Dead. Games like Call of Duty 4 and 5 should play OK with medium settings. Other than that, I'm unsure. Download and try some demos.
Related resources
April 18, 2009 7:52:50 PM

Bioshock, get it and be happy. Dead space also looks pretty good on my 3850 and I also have a 1680x1050 resolution. For Crysis you will have to run it in window mode, or at least not at your native 1680x1050 resolution, and it runs faster in DX9 mode rather than DX10. Since your CPU is rather slow you would probably have to use rather low settings for that game. Call of Duty should run well on that system, as should FEAR2.
April 18, 2009 8:04:52 PM

UT3, forgot to add that to the list. As it's not as CPU demanding as some games even your P4 3.0c should provide you with decent enough framerates while turning up those graphic options. The 4670 won't have any problem with it ^_^. Any game with an unreal based engine should be fine, as should most sourced based games. You can also get GRID, but you'll have to turn down some of the more CPU intensive options. If you want to play anything newer then you will have to save up for a better CPU. At least if you get a crossfire motherboard latter on you can get another 4670 and improve your performance :D .
April 19, 2009 12:28:08 AM

ok thanks for all the fast replies! this is definately the most informative forum ive ever been on! ok i might get a new CPU. I'm thinking of this one- an Intel E5200 because im on a budget. What is the cheapest motherboard that supports CrossfireX? thanks
April 19, 2009 12:29:36 AM

megamanx00 said:
UT3, forgot to add that to the list. As it's not as CPU demanding as some games even your P4 3.0c should provide you with decent enough framerates while turning up those graphic options. The 4670 won't have any problem with it ^_^. Any game with an unreal based engine should be fine, as should most sourced based games. You can also get GRID, but you'll have to turn down some of the more CPU intensive options. If you want to play anything newer then you will have to save up for a better CPU. At least if you get a crossfire motherboard latter on you can get another 4670 and improve your performance :D .

I'm thinking of this one- an Intel E5200 because im on a budget. What is the cheapest motherboard that supports CrossfireX? thanks
!