AMD Phenom II X3 720
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM2+/AM2
G.SKILL HK 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
LIAN LI PC-7B plus II Black
Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X
So far I have the MB in the case with CPU/CPU cooler, and memory installed. MY GPU doesn't arrive until tomorrow so I'm not going too much father today.
Sorry for being a total rube, but I'm wondering -
1) There are 3 headers for USB ports on the MB and I attached the USB front panel wire from the case to one of the. Does it matter which one?
2) I connected the front panel HD audio cable to the MB header. This same cable has another connection labeled AC'97. Does that part of the cable just hang loose?
3) There's a bunch of thin front panel wires - Power-on, Reset, HDD LED, Power LED, and speaker which I plugged into the MB in the appropriate place. How do I know if I put them in right side up or upside down? That same bunch of wires has a 4 pin connection and I assume any free 4 pin from the Power Supply goes there?
4) The MB manual mentions a CD audio-in connector, but on the back of the DVD burner I see only a SATA connector and a SATA power opening. Am I missing something?
5) The fan at the back of the case has a 4 pin connection. Presumably this goes into any free 4 pin from the PS.
3/ the motherboard manual should have details of what goes where . The 4 pin molex at the front is probaly for the front fan . Yes connect it to any molex from the psu . I'd generally use a splitter from the cable to the hard drive if its located in the front bottom of your case if its tidier to do it that way
4/ yes . There will be a small 4 pin socket to take audio out . A cable should be with the dvd drive and it plugs in to the mb so you can play audio cd's
3. Not sure what you mean by upside down. The 4 pin molex is likely for a led. Any plug from the psu will work.
4. No. No need for it. That's for older analog audio that new drives don't have.
5. any plug is fine.
What I meant on questions number 3 was that my front panel wires from the case have labels for speaker, HDD LED, Power On etc on one side of their connector. That writing could either face "up" or "down" relative to the mother board as the connector will fit in either orientation. I think the black wire on the speaker connector has to be on pin number 1 on the MB, but in seems that the other connectors could physically go in either direction. That's why I was wondering if it mattered.