REGISTRY SIZE IS HUGE ! - 68 MEGS !

May 23, 2004 12:38:58 AM

I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?

--
Thanks,

Robert E.Willis Sr.
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 12:38:59 AM

Hello
Article on registry size.
http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14737/14737....

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Robert E. Willis" <rwillis36@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
> Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Robert E.Willis Sr.

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 7:11:52 AM

Thanks for the info.......the article said it can max out at 102 Megs. I'm
safe!.......thanks again.

"Haus" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
> Hello
> Article on registry size.
> http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14737/14737....
>
> --
> Hope This Helps
> Haus
> Not a MVP
> Not a MS-MVP
> Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)
> "Robert E. Willis" <rwillis36@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
> > Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Robert E.Willis Sr.

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 11:46:50 AM

Size of your Registry will depend to a large extent the number and
complexity of the programs you have installed. On my machine (no games) but
extensive graphics software + Office type stuff, the registry is about
12Megs. Now I regularly run a "cleaner" and an "Optimizer". I think it is
likely your Registry is bloated, now the question is "so what?" If you have
ample HDD space and feels nervous about running a "cleaner" you can likely
safely leave it alone.

!