REGISTRY SIZE IS HUGE ! - 68 MEGS !

I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?

--
Thanks,

Robert E.Willis Sr.
3 answers Last reply
More about registry size huge megs

    Hello
    Article on registry size.
    http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14737/14737.html

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    "Robert E. Willis" <rwillis36@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
    > Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?
    >

    > --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Robert E.Willis Sr.

    Thanks for the info.......the article said it can max out at 102 Megs. I'm
    safe!.......thanks again.

    "Haus" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > Article on registry size.
    > http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14737/14737.html
    >
    > --
    > Hope This Helps
    > Haus
    > Not a MVP
    > Not a MS-MVP
    > Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)
    > "Robert E. Willis" <rwillis36@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
    > > Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Robert E.Willis Sr.

    Size of your Registry will depend to a large extent the number and
    complexity of the programs you have installed. On my machine (no games) but
    extensive graphics software + Office type stuff, the registry is about
    12Megs. Now I regularly run a "cleaner" and an "Optimizer". I think it is
    likely your Registry is bloated, now the question is "so what?" If you have
    ample HDD space and feels nervous about running a "cleaner" you can likely
    safely leave it alone.

    "Robert E. Willis" <rwillis36@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I running XP Pro, on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and looked at the
    > Registry size, and it's 68.7 Megs! is this too large?
    >

    > --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Robert E.Willis Sr.

Configuration Registry Microsoft Windows XP