Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 4670 iceq ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 18, 2009 11:09:41 AM

i look up using gpu-z it's around 39-41 idle while playing game it comeup to around 57-58 c i wonder if this normal ?? and also when playing game it says gpu load is 99%? oO is my gpu malfunction or sumthing cause im really worry that it's load that high ?? xD anyway thanks for the answer =)

More about : radeon 4670 iceq

April 18, 2009 11:36:36 AM

ex dee
no problem
April 18, 2009 11:56:21 AM

??? ex dee ?? oO
Related resources
April 18, 2009 1:21:19 PM

Those temps are normal.
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2009 3:40:12 PM

The temperature limit for that Gpu is 110 Degrees Celcius so you're fine lol. And I have that same card and the same temps you do so no need to worry :D 
April 18, 2009 11:14:07 PM

and the 99 percent load ??? o.o
April 19, 2009 12:19:54 AM

Is nothing to worry about, it just means the graphics card is pushed to 99% of its capacity with the game.
April 19, 2009 12:36:58 AM

edeawillrule said:
The temperature limit for that Gpu is 110 Degrees Celcius so you're fine lol. And I have that same card and the same temps you do so no need to worry :D 

is it normal for mine to reach 90 degrees?
April 19, 2009 2:04:46 AM

nook454 said:
and the 99 percent load ??? o.o

Thats good, that means the game is taking full use of the GPU.
April 19, 2009 2:07:57 AM

scamper2 said:
is it normal for mine to reach 90 degrees?

I dont think any 4670 should be hitting 90c...
April 19, 2009 2:44:03 AM

wow 90 c ?? hmm so i wonder what cause gpu temp to went higher after a couple of years ?? +)
April 19, 2009 2:45:53 AM

Dust buildup can start having an impact in as little as a few months. Really depends on the buildup obviously.
April 19, 2009 2:58:37 AM

thx i always wonder bout that ^^ so is it safe to take ur gpu out and blow the dust out once in a while ??
April 19, 2009 3:01:26 AM

Yes, typically you want to blow into the fan and towards the back of the card where the air exhaust. If its really bad you might have to do it from both sides.
April 19, 2009 3:52:28 AM

Temps are slightly elevated and then load is higher than average but nothing to be worried about until you get artifacts in games.
April 19, 2009 4:08:06 AM

nook454 said:
wow 90 c ?? hmm so i wonder what cause gpu temp to went higher after a couple of years ?? +)

no i only bought the card last week :S
April 19, 2009 5:27:55 AM

still i got one last question higher temp of gpu not degrade game performance right ?? (i mean if it's not overheat ~~ )
April 19, 2009 5:38:42 AM

Nope. It won't slow down your game. If its overheating, you'll get artifacts/BSODs/reboots
April 19, 2009 5:42:57 AM

nook454 said:
still i got one last question higher temp of gpu not degrade game performance right ?? (i mean if it's not overheat ~~ )

no i dont think it does- i think it just shortens the cards life expectancy
April 20, 2009 12:56:06 AM

so thanks for all the info guys and oh also current im using pentium d 2.6 to run fallout 3 on high setting with this card and well from what i know p d is not recommend for high setting and i also experience lots of lag when there is big explosion going around okay so the question is if cpu can't handle the game on high well it won't hurt my gpu right ?? like force it to work harder or sumtin sryy if im annoy u guys cause my 360 just got rrod so i really want to take care of my pc right now or else i ll have nothing to play with xD
April 20, 2009 1:04:51 AM

Your a 360 owner...who'd ave thought it ;) 

No your gpu won't be toasted with what your cpu can't cook...have you tried clocking up the oven and seeing if you cant at least flambe up some nice medium rare pwnage on that 4670? :o 

April 20, 2009 3:15:22 AM

nook454 said:
so thanks for all the info guys and oh also current im using pentium d 2.6 to run fallout 3 on high setting with this card and well from what i know p d is not recommend for high setting and i also experience lots of lag when there is big explosion going around okay so the question is if cpu can't handle the game on high well it won't hurt my gpu right ?? like force it to work harder or sumtin sryy if im annoy u guys cause my 360 just got rrod so i really want to take care of my pc right now or else i ll have nothing to play with xD

i doubt that it would harm ur gpu in any way. maybe upgrade ur cpu to something like a Intel E5200-thats what im upgrading to. u can overclock it and it works OK for games.
April 20, 2009 10:07:59 AM

actually im using core 2 3.0 ghz but it broke down so while waiting for my cpu to get fix im using this pd
April 20, 2009 10:11:04 AM

also is this 3.0 ghz still good for playing new games on high ?? or should i actually go for quad core now ?? also (i doubt anyone here will know but still...) anyone know how much is the ps3 failure rate compare to rrod ?? and is the console reliable ?? thanks =)
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2009 11:18:03 AM

All depends on the game. Not all games and applications make use of multi-core CPUs, so upgrading to a quad can sometimes hurt performance if it clocks to a lower speed when running single-threaded applications or games.

Can't help you with the failure rates of PS3's vs 360's. I can tell you that the PS3 in this house died, but I think that was caused by user-error. (translation: 8-yr old child repeatedly powering it down improperly by flipping the main power switch on the back rather than shutting it down...) We've had the replacement for 9 months now and no problems because I told him if he ever did that again, I would take it away forever. LOL
April 21, 2009 1:47:55 AM

so hmm i rather should wait then ?? lool well atleast u should have told him before that happen :p  i also wonder how long is the sony warranty ?? oO
April 21, 2009 1:54:15 AM

RazberyBandit said:
All depends on the game. Not all games and applications make use of multi-core CPUs, so upgrading to a quad can sometimes hurt performance if it clocks to a lower speed when running single-threaded applications or games.

Can't help you with the failure rates of PS3's vs 360's. I can tell you that the PS3 in this house died, but I think that was caused by user-error. (translation: 8-yr old child repeatedly powering it down improperly by flipping the main power switch on the back rather than shutting it down...) We've had the replacement for 9 months now and no problems because I told him if he ever did that again, I would take it away forever. LOL

Iv had my 60GB PS3 since launch day 1! and im still waiting for something to malfuction or break etc....several FW releases have caused the screen to flicker and act up...problems with the console freezing after a game starts if you press the ps button.....and of course there was the update that caused alot of users to lose all of the data from the hdds....iv had 0 problems..

The ps3's heat tolerance is ridiculous....i just don't see how this console hasn't melted...its been put through the ringer with 4-6 hour gaming binges for months on end...

But yeahp a well oc'd quad will soon be favoured over oc'd duals....
April 21, 2009 2:23:25 AM

nook454 said:
also is this 3.0 ghz still good for playing new games on high ?? or should i actually go for quad core now ?? also (i doubt anyone here will know but still...) anyone know how much is the ps3 failure rate compare to rrod ?? and is the console reliable ?? thanks =)

i think that most games aren't made to be used with 4 cores atm so its a waste of money. but soon games will be made to use all the potential of quad cores...(I think this is correct someone back me up!)
April 21, 2009 2:29:38 AM

scamper2 said:
i think that most games aren't made to be used with 4 cores atm so its a waste of money. but soon games will be made to use all the potential of quad cores...(I think this is correct someone back me up!)

GTA shows a huge improvement with 4 qores...i feel it would be a waste of money to not go quad atm

Go for a nice phenom X4 and overclock the snot out of it...it will get you alot farther then a e8xxx at this point...

And op...you 360 will most likely fail 3 times over before my ps3 skips a beat....360 failure's are so common :na:  and just one of the reasons not to buy that pos console
April 21, 2009 5:06:33 AM

i think i will go get one later today then i really want to play re5 so bad now ^^ so well wonder any recommend about hdd ? 40 60 or 80 ? :p 
April 21, 2009 5:13:58 AM

The HDD really doesn't matter just keep in mind you can drop any 2.5" notebook hdd into it....if you want to play ps1/ps2 titles you will need a system that is backward compatible.....the new ps3s will run alot cooler with changes in heatsink design etc...they weigh ALOT less as well...

Also some ps3's do not come with wifi or card readers etc...

I hope RE5 gets released on the pc...i need to save my money ;) 

Im still banned from psn for the next 5 days...*sigh*
April 21, 2009 6:49:36 AM

well about backward compatible don't think i would play any dvd anyway (since ps2 games are dvd ) cause they said that playing dvd on ps3 bad of ur drive wasn't it ?? so less heat mean less chance of ylod then ?? oO and besure to add me i will tell u what's my username once i get this ps3 then ;) 
April 21, 2009 6:50:27 AM

i mean "bad for ur drive " sry
April 21, 2009 7:05:26 AM

YLOD was a very contained problem and isn't caused by heat...and there is a chip that is included on ps3s that let it play ps3/ps1 titles so it has nothing to do with the drive it can play dvds/and bd's no problem..

The ps3 won't fail by YLOD as its a very rare problem...most likely due to hdd issues

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topi...

Some crappy conversation mostly here but its got some info...

April 21, 2009 10:26:11 AM

alryte dude i got the ps3 now it's 80 gb i think it's one of the cechl line and also here is my user it's nook5733 so add me up plzz =) and also any recommend game for ps3 ???
April 21, 2009 10:26:21 AM

alryte dude i got the ps3 now it's 80 gb i think it's one of the cechl line and also here is my user it's nook5733 so add me up plzz =) and also any recommend game for ps3 ???
April 21, 2009 6:28:46 PM

PSN:Rewindlabs

Still banned for the next 3-4 days.....

Go for Killzone 2 its the newest FPS and supposed to be pretty bitching...

April 22, 2009 1:02:47 AM

so wonder what did u do to get band ???oO
April 22, 2009 1:12:31 AM

nook454 said:
so wonder what did u do to get band ???oO

You can share games via psn

Between ps3s

One guy buys the game and downloads it 4 other guys can get onto his account and download the game for free :o 

One of those people in the sharing "circle" decided to buy EVERYTHING off of the psn store on the sharing guys account and it got blamed on me...the account owner called in to psn said he thought it was me...me and the account sharer got it sorted out but the ban from psn is have to wait out thing....

I plan on calling sony up after the ban as iv been on the phone 4 times already on deatails of the ban and ask them to cite it and atleast note that it wasn't me and it was sorted out between me and the other psn guy with the sharing account...

PSN sharing is pretty fun though...from that one guy iv got around 250+$ in content for freeeee :) 
April 22, 2009 7:16:20 AM

wow so well 250$ ?? that would mean ALOT to me since i live in thailand and because of the currency everything on psn is quiet expensive for me xDD so question is how do i share with people ??oO man this would really help me sort out the problem ^^
April 22, 2009 8:01:01 AM

Just make "friends"....to be honest i hate the guy...well his personality etc....but a free game is a free game ;) 

If you are really out to score games...meet guys and just comment them every five seconds...NICE KILL...omg dude can you stop pwning so hard...you get the idea...make sure you have everything in common and you like the same bands etc...just get on his good side..then bring up psn game sharing...

Eventually you will find some people with games...

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.m...

April 22, 2009 10:01:38 AM

ehhh dude so can u share psn game with me then ?? ^^
April 22, 2009 5:17:29 PM

I only have rayman and stardust...all 4 of my slots where filled a year ago though so i can't share :??: 
April 22, 2009 10:51:38 PM

Oh ps3 owners cool
April 22, 2009 10:52:22 PM

Add me when you can
same name as I have here
April 22, 2009 10:54:13 PM

Remember I am only 14 so add at your ......Risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just jokin I rarely go on now cause I am gettin games for my pc recently cause(new 4670 soon)
April 22, 2009 10:55:07 PM

Komomu said:
Oh ps3 owners cool

Shall we start the amd 6000+ club ;) 

Ps3 owners are kewl indeed....

What are the temps of your 6000+ at MAX load? im testing right now and core 1 is at 53-52 degrees core 2 is at 50 degrees
April 22, 2009 11:29:52 PM

How do you get it max load other than running games?
April 22, 2009 11:40:05 PM

Google Orthos

It is the first program for download and it allows you to run your cpu at 100%

Im using Core Temp (google that) to measure temps....its actually been running at 100% for an hour and temps have lowered :D  :D 

Core 1 is at 50 degrees amd core 2 is at 45-47 degrees

Core 2 is jumping every few seconds and core 1 is jumping ever 20-30 seconds...but its not reached 55 and it hasn't gone back up to 52

If your cpu reaches 55 when running orthos then you better take a look as anything above that is dangerous and its not really good to run your cpu at 55 as well....im glad mine has gone down :love: 
April 23, 2009 1:59:49 AM

so is it like benchmarking your cpu then ?? lool well im just 16 anyway :p 
!