Overclocking q6600 on ga-ep35-ds3l

Mannequinsdenial

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Hello community!
I have been having this strange problem when overclocking my q6600 on this board. I used to have a stable overclock of 3.4ghz while running prime and memtest while cooled with the h50 water cooler.
But one day my computer randomly restarted and went back to stock clocks. now here is the weird part. All of my overclock settings are still enabled in the bios, but they are not changing the clocks. Any change i make in the MIT doesn't actually do anything on reboot. even if i do a very minor overclock from 2.4 to 2.5. but it doesnt reset/disable either. I tried disabling restarting then re-enabling but no. everything is just stuck at stock. Now i was wondering is there some safety feature that was triggered that blocks the MIT settings from going into effect that i have to disable or should i just flash the bios and update them again?

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I say Flash it. There might even be an update that allows for further OCing.

Thats my advice, alternativley look into the mobo details more thoroughly and check for this saftey feature.

One more possibility, clear CMOS entirely and start from scratch.

Mannequinsdenial

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
What's the difference from flashing the bios and clearing the cmos? cause what ive done before is connect the 2 pins on the motherboard to complete the circuit with a screwdriver or something resetting the bios.