How do I locate and fix leaky plumbing?

Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
the dripping water.

More about locate leaky plumbing

    The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he doesn't
    fix something, then it's not broken.

    "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
    > Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
    > leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
    > tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
    > the dripping water.
    >
    > --
    > Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.

    Not always true. I have had the repairman come and not fix stoves and
    showers... I thought it was just something in the game. You know, a rip
    off artist or something. :-)

    Dianna

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:21:24 -0500, Maxine <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:

    > The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he
    > doesn't
    > fix something, then it's not broken.
    >

    > "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
    >> Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
    >> leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
    >> tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
    >> the dripping water.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me
    >> directly.

    That's odd... I've never run into that (?)

    "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Not always true. I have had the repairman come and not fix stoves and
    > showers... I thought it was just something in the game. You know, a rip
    > off artist or something. :-)
    >
    > Dianna
    >
    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:21:24 -0500, Maxine <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >
    >> The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he
    >> doesn't
    >> fix something, then it's not broken.
    >>

    >> "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
    >>> Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
    >>> leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
    >>> tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
    >>> the dripping water.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me
    >>> directly.

    Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
    visit...

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

    "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
    > visit...
    >
    > ~ jo

    Turn one of your guys into a super-mechanic and make them fix everything.
    With luck he will turn into a Roman Candle. Mine did. 8)))

    Do not be liberated. Do you really want to see a female Sim go up in flames?

    Granny.

    he he he, maybe!

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
    >> visit...
    >>
    >> ~ jo
    >>
    > Turn one of your guys into a super-mechanic and make them fix everything.
    > With luck he will turn into a Roman Candle. Mine did. 8)))
    >
    > Do not be liberated. Do you really want to see a female Sim go up in
    > flames?
    >
    > Granny.

    I've had cases where a repairman can't get to the object to be repaired
    (ie someone's jumped in the bath just when he arrives), so he decides
    everything's A-OK and leaves (after taking his fee, bastard).

    But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?

    ~*~
    vecki

    Granny you are so funny.... LOL

    Dianna

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've had cases where a repairman can't get to the object to be repaired
    > (ie someone's jumped in the bath just when he arrives), so he decides
    > everything's A-OK and leaves (after taking his fee, bastard).
    >
    > But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?

    Why not? You get leaky ruddy Sims. 8((

    Oh, I am sorry. I am feeling bitter and twisted tonight.

    Granny.

    *hugz* Granny

    Definitely there is leaky plumbing, and it doesn't seem to be connected to
    break downs but to messy Sims. The other day I caught the maid reaching into
    the shower and turning it off properly. The light dawnethed, but why can't a
    tidy Sim come along and turn the taps all the way off if the maid can?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    vecki wrote:

    > But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?

    I think it's just sounds you hear now and then, not actual
    leaking.

    T.

    Taemon writes:

    > I think it's just sounds you hear now and then, not actual
    > leaking.

    I've never been able to find puddles or anything, but I suppose that if
    I hear the sound of water dripping, it means there's something I must
    fix.

    I've noticed the dripping as well - drives me nuts! One time I got it
    to stop by deleting a bathroom sink, then buying a new one. Could be
    that it's plumbing items ageing or something? I'm sure that things
    break more frequently if they're a bit old..

    Weasel
  14. Could be, old pipes becomes rusted when it's aged, maybe needs to be replaced.

    find a plumber

Sims Games Video Games