How do I locate and fix leaky plumbing?

Last response: in Video Games
March 19, 2005 2:28:19 AM

Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
the dripping water.

March 19, 2005 6:21:24 PM

The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he doesn't
fix something, then it's not broken.

"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
> Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
> leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
> tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
> the dripping water.
>
> --
> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 11:56:20 PM

Not always true. I have had the repairman come and not fix stoves and
showers... I thought it was just something in the game. You know, a rip
off artist or something. :-)

Dianna

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:21:24 -0500, Maxine <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:

> The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he
> doesn't
> fix something, then it's not broken.
>

> "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
>> Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
>> leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
>> tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
>> the dripping water.
>>
>> --
>> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me
>> directly.

March 19, 2005 11:56:21 PM

That's odd... I've never run into that (?)

"k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o psnwkf9d6z5shrz@keith.mshome.net...
> Not always true. I have had the repairman come and not fix stoves and
> showers... I thought it was just something in the game. You know, a rip
> off artist or something. :-)
>
> Dianna
>
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:21:24 -0500, Maxine <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
>> The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he
>> doesn't
>> fix something, then it's not broken.
>>

>> "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Sometimes I hear the sound of dripping water in the bathrooms of my
>>> Sims, but I can't see any puddles, and I don't know which fixture is
>>> leaking. How do I figure out where the leak is, and how do I fix it? I
>>> tried calling the repairman, but he comes and leaves and I still hear
>>> the dripping water.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me
>>> directly.

March 20, 2005 1:47:24 PM

Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
visit...

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
"Maxine" <noone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> That's odd... I've never run into that (?)
>

> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:o psnwkf9d6z5shrz@keith.mshome.net...
>> Not always true. I have had the repairman come and not fix stoves and
>> showers... I thought it was just something in the game. You know, a rip
>> off artist or something. :-)
>>
>> Dianna
>>
>> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:21:24 -0500, Maxine <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The repair man will fix anything that is in need of "repair". If he
>>> doesn't
>>> fix something, then it's not broken.
>>>

>>> "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 1:47:25 PM

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
> visit...
>
> ~ jo

Turn one of your guys into a super-mechanic and make them fix everything.
With luck he will turn into a Roman Candle. Mine did. 8)))

Do not be liberated. Do you really want to see a female Sim go up in flames?

Granny.
March 20, 2005 3:48:12 PM

he he he, maybe!

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
>> visit...
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
> Turn one of your guys into a super-mechanic and make them fix everything.
> With luck he will turn into a Roman Candle. Mine did. 8)))
>
> Do not be liberated. Do you really want to see a female Sim go up in
> flames?
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:43:05 PM

I've had cases where a repairman can't get to the object to be repaired
(ie someone's jumped in the bath just when he arrives), so he decides
everything's A-OK and leaves (after taking his fee, bastard).

But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:04:25 PM

Granny you are so funny.... LOL

Dianna

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:55:44 GMT, wrote:

> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Oh I have had it happen too... maybe they'll fix it on their 2nd or 3rd
>> visit...
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
> Turn one of your guys into a super-mechanic and make them fix everything.
> With luck he will turn into a Roman Candle. Mine did. 8)))
>
> Do not be liberated. Do you really want to see a female Sim go up in
> flames?
>
> Granny.

March 21, 2005 1:59:45 AM

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had cases where a repairman can't get to the object to be repaired
> (ie someone's jumped in the bath just when he arrives), so he decides
> everything's A-OK and leaves (after taking his fee, bastard).
>
> But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?

Why not? You get leaky ruddy Sims. 8((

Oh, I am sorry. I am feeling bitter and twisted tonight.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 5:48:39 AM

*hugz* Granny

Definitely there is leaky plumbing, and it doesn't seem to be connected to
break downs but to messy Sims. The other day I caught the maid reaching into
the shower and turning it off properly. The light dawnethed, but why can't a
tidy Sim come along and turn the taps all the way off if the maid can?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I've had cases where a repairman can't get to the object to be repaired
> > (ie someone's jumped in the bath just when he arrives), so he decides
> > everything's A-OK and leaves (after taking his fee, bastard).
> >
> > But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?
> >

> Why not? You get leaky ruddy Sims. 8((
>
> Oh, I am sorry. I am feeling bitter and twisted tonight.
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:07:57 PM

vecki wrote:

> But plumbing? You can have leaky plumbing in this game?

I think it's just sounds you hear now and then, not actual
leaking.

T.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 7:04:20 AM

Taemon writes:

> I think it's just sounds you hear now and then, not actual
> leaking.

I've never been able to find puddles or anything, but I suppose that if
I hear the sound of water dripping, it means there's something I must
fix.

March 22, 2005 11:45:33 AM

I've noticed the dripping as well - drives me nuts! One time I got it
to stop by deleting a bathroom sink, then buying a new one. Could be
that it's plumbing items ageing or something? I'm sure that things
break more frequently if they're a bit old..

Weasel
August 30, 2012 8:22:54 AM

Could be, old pipes becomes rusted when it's aged, maybe needs to be replaced.

find a plumber

!