Auzentech Forte 7.1 or X-FI Titanium

Hey guys does anyone know which is better or could recommend a good sound card for no more than £130.
I don't know whether to go with the Creative option becuase i have heard alot of people have had bad experiences with those cards and have recommnended auzentech products.

I predominently use a headset - Sennheiser PC-350

Thanks guys
8 answers Last reply
More about auzentech forte titanium
  1. I have also heard about the ASUS Xonar Essence STX any idea which of the three will give me the best sound quality in games?
  2. The forte, absolutely awesome sound card, has a headphone amp which you would benefit from, plus the X-Fi in games can mix surround sound into headphones using CMSS that allows for you to hear *** behind you realistically if you set the game to use surround sound. Its like having surround sound headphones, feature works extremely well.

Plus its not filled with creative bloatware and has great DTS support unlike the creative X-Fi. It is the best of both worlds.

Overall go for the forte. IDK why anyone would get a Xonar when this card is out.

The surround sound CMSS feature works very well on good headphones, which you seem to have.
  3. They both cost around the same but there is not much between them in terms of spec but the STX needs a power source which the forte does not but thats being picky.

I will probably go with the Forte because it has a headphone and mic amp. Also it is geared more to gaming which i do more than listen to music but it also performs well in that area too.

Thanks guys for your help
  4. Raider00657 said:
    Hey guys does anyone know which is better or could recommend a good sound card for no more than £130.
    I don't know whether to go with the Creative option becuase i have heard alot of people have had bad experiences with those cards and have recommnended auzentech products.

I predominently use a headset - Sennheiser PC-350

Thanks guys

If you use vista 64, don't use creative.
  5. azgard said:
    If you use vista 64, don't use creative.

You mean: If you use a Soundcard, don't use creative.
  6. I am on xp at the moment but i hope to get Windows 7 64 when it comes out
  7. gamerk316 said:
    You mean: If you use a Soundcard, don't use creative.

Ok ok, you win buddy :D I'm never going back, especially with the fake branding BS they have been pulling off for the past few...years.... oh wait that's right they always have NM.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components