Dish Network 522 Receive and Remote Problem

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 28, 2004 9:07:06 PM

I have a Dish Network 522 dual-band receiver, and the 2nd remote, a UHF
unit, doesn't work very well. It is sensive to the exact location it is
transmitting from (one foot to the right or left affects the signal).

Dish has already troubleshooted this thing to death, and can't find a fix.

Has anyone else experience problems with the #2 UHF remote?

Robert A
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 10:43:55 AM

I have the 522 and have no problem with the UHF remote. You can checkout
this forum, do a search and register and ask there.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=47

"Robert A" <LA_Native@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dish Network 522 dual-band receiver, and the 2nd remote, a UHF
> unit, doesn't work very well. It is sensive to the exact location it is
> transmitting from (one foot to the right or left affects the signal).
>
> Dish has already troubleshooted this thing to death, and can't find a fix.
>
> Has anyone else experience problems with the #2 UHF remote?
>
> Robert A
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 1:32:55 PM

"Robert A" <LA_Native@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dish Network 522 dual-band receiver, and the 2nd remote, a UHF
> unit, doesn't work very well. It is sensive to the exact location it is
> transmitting from (one foot to the right or left affects the signal).

Yes! I have very similar problems...my 522 receiver is directly below the
living room in the basement -- not like it's located very far from where I'm
using the UHF remote.

The 2nd UHF remote won't work when it's close to a human...I have to hold it
out a bit to make it work. Or I have to point it up at the ceiling...if I
point it at the TV (which there's no reason to do so...just old habit) then
atleast half the time it won't work. Combine this with the delays of sat TV
channel switching (I have a 2-dish, 3-sat setup with DISH), this becomes
very frustrating. I plan on calling DISH today.

Please follow-up with any information you find. Thanks.

--
Himanshu
January 5, 2005 8:26:53 AM

It's a radio frequency based remote. I have the same issue and just shift
it and get connected.

there's nothing to troubleshoot.

"Robert A" <LA_Native@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dish Network 522 dual-band receiver, and the 2nd remote, a UHF
> unit, doesn't work very well. It is sensive to the exact location it is
> transmitting from (one foot to the right or left affects the signal).
>
> Dish has already troubleshooted this thing to death, and can't find a fix.
>
> Has anyone else experience problems with the #2 UHF remote?
>
> Robert A

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:27:20 PM

Hello:

I had the same issue. I solved it by running a coax cable from
the 522 to the back of the house where the other TV's are located, and
putting the little UHF remote antenna at the end of this coax. The
idea is to get the UHF remote antenna closer to the remote
transmitter. This solved all of my UHF remote problems.

In my case I had existing coax in the wall from the old cable tv
installation, so it was trivial.

Larry

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 05:26:53 GMT, "jacklightner" <toddwil@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>It's a radio frequency based remote. I have the same issue and just shift
>it and get connected.
>
>there's nothing to troubleshoot.
>

>"Robert A" <LA_Native@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have a Dish Network 522 dual-band receiver, and the 2nd remote, a UHF
>> unit, doesn't work very well. It is sensive to the exact location it is
>> transmitting from (one foot to the right or left affects the signal).
>>
>> Dish has already troubleshooted this thing to death, and can't find a fix.
>>
>> Has anyone else experience problems with the #2 UHF remote?
>>
>> Robert A

April 15, 2011 5:52:42 PM

I read your post which I find interesting and very informative! I was also looking for related info which I found
Some at cheap satellite tv, It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.
!