Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
July 1, 2009 2:09:19 AM

Ok so I have the NZXT Tempest case and a Corsair 650TX PSU. I installed it in the bottom of the case and the PSU fan is facing down toward the bottom of the case. It is about a little more than 1/2" clearance between the PSU and the bottom of the case. Is this fine? Thanks.

More about : power supply fan facing bottom case

a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2009 2:17:09 AM

can you flip it so the fan is up?
July 1, 2009 2:28:28 AM

Flip it, unless you want to cut out the bottom of your case and raise it several inches off of the surface it is resting on.
July 1, 2009 3:02:52 AM

Ok I will flip it. Because isn't the heat going to rise to the rest of the chipsets then? IDK. And what if a bolt falls in the hole where the fan is? Hopefully not. Thanks.
July 1, 2009 3:43:56 AM

gera229 said:
Ok I will flip it. Because isn't the heat going to rise to the rest of the chipsets then? IDK. And what if a bolt falls in the hole where the fan is? Hopefully not. Thanks.

The fan will expel the hot air faster than it can rise. Seriously.. if the MFG designed a PSU with this flaw it would never have made it into the market.

As for the loose bolt, I'd be worried if there IS a loose bolt running around in your case, as it would far more likely hit a component and short it out. Just be sure that when you are replacing a component, you put your case on its side before you begin. Keeping it upright can lead to you dropping a screw into the PSU, making it VERY hard to recover (I've done that twice).
July 1, 2009 4:59:00 AM

Ok Thanks very much. I have a question is the VX2262WM monitor good? Like the tilt angle and all that? I mean I need a 22" inch monitor for under 200. Thanks.
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2009 5:51:40 PM

Reference PSU fan.
I could be wrong, but I think the fan is an intake fan. Since most previous installations have been at the top. If it was a exaust it would blow hot air onto the processor. When mounting on the bottom, I would mount it with the fan facing the bottom of the case. And if no vent holes at the bottom, it easy to make them - just drill some holes. My CM 690 had the holes. With the fan toward the mother board - two thoughts: (1) It would extract some of the warm air in the case. (2) It could subtract from the air flow across the CPU cooler (HSF). Which of these two would have the greates effect - good question????

Monitor: Here is what others say?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
July 2, 2009 2:12:23 AM

Ok putting at the top is better than putting it at the bottom. As I will let it stand on the carpet. It will make basically no difference for the rest of the chipset for cooling only the PSU would cool better and nothing would cool any worse really.
a c 144 ) Power supply
July 2, 2009 11:13:13 AM

I have two Antec 900 cases, PSU mounted fan up. All you need to remember is to lay the computer on its side or lay a clean rag over the fan opening.
a c 248 ) Power supply
July 2, 2009 2:18:33 PM

The fan on the Corsair power supply is an intake fan. It pulls in air and exhausts it out the rear of the psu. In your particular situation install the psu with the fan facing up. It will pull in warm air from the interior of the case and exhaust the warm air out the rear of the case.
!