New RAM memory for my build?

dglad4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Hello all,

I am looking into getting some real RAM for my PC build. I might as well tell you the story of my PC build (I'm only 15 and don't have a job so this way to build gives me a PC and eventually gets me something really good). I started off my system with a new case and some old parts (P4) to kick off and have a working machine. I have been slowly upgrading it as I get the money. At the moment I have only a few more components 'till its finished. And some new RAM is one of those in need of upgrading.

Now, my PC when it is finished will be as below (note I quickly wrote it):

Chassis: Antec Three Hundred
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R (Intel P45 ICH10R)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz, 1333MHz)
RAM: That's why I posted this forum
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N98XPZL-1GH (1GB GDDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX )
PSU: Corsair VX-450W (450W)
HDD: 2x Seagate 500GB SATAII in RAID0
ODD: Pioneer 4x BluRay Burner SATA
EXTRAS: 2x mini UV neons, looking into Thermaltake BigWater water cooling.

That should cover it. Now I live in Australia so my price range is in AU$. I am looking to overclock my system (that's a highly awarded OC board in there so I want to push my PC to the stable limit, and I know I'm gonna need some good RAM if I'm want to madly OC. I defiantly want Corsair stuff but they have a massive range that has got me baffled at what to buy. I know a bit on the concepts RAM but I don't know what I need for my setup.

So to top off,

Corsair, 1066MHz (I suppose), 8GB (mobo has 4 DIMM slots so probably 4x 2GB sticks)

$150-$200 (AU$) for the lot

Thankyou for your help,

dglad4.

dglad4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009

OK well I looked into what Corsair had to offer in that area of RAM. I found this 4GB kit (2x 2GB) TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX. It's only $102AU for the kit so two of them to make 8GB should be perfect. Apparently it's good stuff for overclocking and would look good under the UV neons. I couldn't find any RAM in G.Skill Black as you had suggested but I'm after Corsair anyway.

Thankyou for your reply and please let me know of what you think.

dglad4.