Corsair H50 Vs Thermalright Silver Arrow

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Hello everyone

Been a while since I logged in but I would like to see if any of you lovely folks out there have a good idea what is better.
Now I was watching some Youtube and I've came across Thermalright Silver Arrow video and Love the hell out of that heatsink
I love how the design of the heatsink is developed to push air with a new design. Now I have the Corsair H50 and I want to or would like
to choose what would be better,
Now should I stay with the H50 or go with the sexy looking Thermalright Silver Arrow?

Thanks

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
If you are not having any problems with H50 stick with it... If you dont like it for some reason and have the $ to spend then silver arrow is an excellent choice... ensure its clearance to the memory sticks...

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Yes I am aware of the memory clearance and it would do just fine, it's perfect for RAM that have large heatsinks on them.
No I have no issues with my H50 but I would like to see the temps on the Thermalright Silver Arrow because it can perform
very well like the Noctua NH-D14. The Thermalright beat the Noctua NH-D14 in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRv4zUCI7pg

Lutfij

Titan
You;ve got quiet a lot of parts running in your case :)

Are you running the H50 with a single fan or 2 in push/pull? Adding a second fan (or replacing them with 2 high CFM fans) would net better results.
if you look at members config, it shows he's running at 4.2GHz. I'm a member at overclock.net, people at the corsair H50/H70 thread have the rad fans in push/pull config to achieve that OC.

If your thinking of overclocking with some headroom - you could look into swiftech's H20-220 EDGE kit or H20-320 EDGE kit. The pump is good enough to add more rads in future to the loop.

yatith

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
The Thermalright Silver Arrrow is much better than the H50 or H70. Cools better and is quieter. Only con is the size, but it fits almost all currently motherboards.

Top air coolers like Thermalright Silver Arrow and Noctua Nh-d14 will always be better than all-in-one water coolers like H50.

Doesn't matter how many fans you put on a H50. It can have 100+cfm and sound like jet engine and cool like a Silver Arrow or Nh-d14. :na:

Lutfij

Titan
actually you can add a shroud to each fan and if you add delta fans with a double shroud on each end of the rad...you can run wind tunnel tests in it.., i dunno but a member posted a vid where a piece of paper was blown through 1 fan and reached the other, with a space of 18" between the fans.

Lutfij

Titan
@ OP - tried the shroud thingy? The link for the corsair , overclock.net thread shows you how to make a shroud if you have spare/dud fans lying around.

The corsair is a no hassle way of getting into watercooling...calling it a water cooling loop is far from the real thing. Here's a lil FYI - google 'galvanic corrosion' in and you'll know what i mean by saying the copper cooling plate and all alluminium construction is the worst combo for a watercooling loop.