How to combine DirecTV, Comcast Cable and Off-Air-Antenna ..

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
November 30, 2004 10:28:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.dss,alt.satellite.tv,alt.dss.tech,rec.video.satellite.dbs (More info?)

Hello,

Can anyone help me determine how to fix this. I currently have a dual
LNB DirecTV satellite that has 3 cables coming into my house. Outside
of my house, these 3 cables are joined with comcast cable using
diplexers. I also have diplexers in each of the 3 rooms to separate
these 2 signals for my DirecTv receivers. This works just fine.
However, I am wanting to upgrade to DirecTv HDTV and also get the HD
local TV channels.

I want to know exactly what I need to buy. I know I need an HD
receiver. I know I also need the Off-Air-Antenna to get the HD local
channels. Do I need a multiswitch??? Triple LNB?

Once I have everything, I need to know how to combine DirecTv, Comcast
cable and the Off-Air HD channels with only 3 cables coming into my
house.

Thanks!
December 1, 2004 6:34:47 PM

On 30 Nov 2004 19:28:57 -0800, robmking@sprintpcs.com (King) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can anyone help me determine how to fix this. I currently have a dual
>LNB DirecTV satellite that has 3 cables coming into my house. Outside
>of my house, these 3 cables are joined with comcast cable using
>diplexers. I also have diplexers in each of the 3 rooms to separate
>these 2 signals for my DirecTv receivers. This works just fine.
>However, I am wanting to upgrade to DirecTv HDTV and also get the HD
>local TV channels.
>
>I want to know exactly what I need to buy. I know I need an HD
>receiver. I know I also need the Off-Air-Antenna to get the HD local
>channels. Do I need a multiswitch??? Triple LNB?
>
>Once I have everything, I need to know how to combine DirecTv, Comcast
>cable and the Off-Air HD channels with only 3 cables coming into my
>house.
>
>Thanks!

Right now you're using diplexers to split off the combine cable and
SAT signal. Why don't you just run a separate coax for the off-air
antenna to your HD receiver? Depending on your signal quality you may
need to do this anyway especially if you have to amplify this signal.

Greg
December 1, 2004 6:55:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.dss,alt.satellite.tv,alt.dss.tech,rec.video.satellite.dbs (More info?)

I use a roof antenna for HDTV local and found that a separate cable run
worked the best.
Diplexer got in the way of the signal. I know it is not supposed to but it
did.

"King" <robmking@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone help me determine how to fix this. I currently have a dual
> LNB DirecTV satellite that has 3 cables coming into my house. Outside
> of my house, these 3 cables are joined with comcast cable using
> diplexers. I also have diplexers in each of the 3 rooms to separate
> these 2 signals for my DirecTv receivers. This works just fine.
> However, I am wanting to upgrade to DirecTv HDTV and also get the HD
> local TV channels.
>
> I want to know exactly what I need to buy. I know I need an HD
> receiver. I know I also need the Off-Air-Antenna to get the HD local
> channels. Do I need a multiswitch??? Triple LNB?
>
> Once I have everything, I need to know how to combine DirecTv, Comcast
> cable and the Off-Air HD channels with only 3 cables coming into my
> house.
>
> Thanks!
January 13, 2009 5:25:50 PM

Excellent posts!! I'm in the same position and decided to run a separate coax from my roof antenna to my digital tv. Thanks!!!
!