Sign in with
Your question

Rear sound coming out front speakers.

Last response: in Components
July 1, 2009 10:33:32 PM

I have a sound blaster x-fi platinum and am running on vista 64 bit with sp1.

So, i play games or use the SB x-fi console, when i press rear sound or am supposed to hear something behind me it comes out of the front speakers. However, when i go to the windows control panel and hit "Sound" and select speakers and click on configure, the speakers seem fine. Rear comes out properly and front comes out properly.

I have all the right drivers installed.

It seems like it has to do with the software, as the windows "Sound" thing wouldnt work properly if it was a hardware problem, i just have no idea what the problem is.

Also, dont ask me if it is connected properly, because my sound system speaker test and the windows sound config wouldnt work right if my system wasnt connected right.

Any help would be appreciated

July 2, 2009 12:33:42 AM

Maybe your monitor is facing the wrong way.............
But seriously, are there any options in the game you are playing for the type of sound equipment/speakers you have? Could be the game is detecting the placement incorrectly.
July 2, 2009 8:11:04 AM

swap the plug on the back of the computers sound card - the front and rear connectors then sound should be back to normal

your wirings wrong
Related resources
July 2, 2009 12:10:53 PM

Yes, although Windows will allow you to "correct" or "swap" your speaker arrangement so they work properly in Windows, even though you have them hooked up backwards, your programs won't. Plug the speakers in correctly and start all over.
July 2, 2009 11:17:02 PM

Hellboy said:
swap the plug on the back of the computers sound card - the front and rear connectors then sound should be back to normal

your wirings wrong

+1
!