VIA S3 unichrome Pro IGP Vista x64/7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

braian-k

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hello, I drove crazy looking for this driver, but I still can't find it, hope you help me. It's an integrated video card, my motherboard is Asus P5VD2-MX and I need vista x64 or 7 x64 video drivers

You are unlikely to find one .

I had a board with the same onboard gfx . When the gfx card died I went back to onboard. There had been no updated drivers in the 3 previous years even for XP 32 bit .

You could try installing the XP driver . Its rubbish though . Colors are muted and off tones , and the drivers didnt support widescreen resolutions even .

I'd buy a very cheap gfx card .

braian-k

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
so no way? About the resolution, I flashed my motherboard to get 1440x900. Everything was fine with xp x64, but I need this drivers for windows 7 x64. As you say there are not drivers even for vista x86... Isn't there a way of "modding" the xp drivers to get it working with vista 64/seven 64?

Go to VIA's website and see if you find anything. If someone got fustrated enough they may have slapped together a driver, like good ol Daniel K for the creative cards, but if it's not a whql certified driver it's a pain to get Vista x64 to load it. Really though it's probably easier to buy a cheap card from CompUSA or something ^_^.

braian-k

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I'm gonna check VIA's website. I would really like to buy even a cheap card, but I'm still suffering the Argentinian Economic Collapse... Wish I were able to buy in USA ;)

Fede_UY

Distinguished
May 19, 2009

Hey Man... I had an old PC that I use for testing and yesterday I installed Windows 7 on my old CeleronD 2.26 Ghz which has a Biostar mainborad (P4VMA-M) with an integrated VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP. As you may know, Windows 7 and Windows Vista are almost the same stuff, so I went looking for Vista drivers (which I could not find) and found myself in the same situation that you are now. Since the PC is for testing, I say what the hell and downloaded the XP drivers from biostar website; then I uncompressed them to a folder and pointed windows 7 to look in there. For my surprise, Windows XP driver worked fine on Win7 32 bit edition.

I don´t know what will happen with 64bits, but at least, if you have al your information backed out, then you could try this and see if it solves your problem.

Hope this helps!

Greetings from Uruguay...
Fede.

PS.- Suerte!

GuaymasJim

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Great piece of detective work!!! It also works on all Shuttle G models with the UniChrome Pro IGP with W7 Ultimate 32b.

Doesn't seem to be able to do the satisfaction test, but I don't need Windows to tell me how satisfied I am with their products. Really, they don't want to know for the most part.

Guaymas Jim

edangulo

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hi there!
Here it is! I went crazy looking for this driver and after looking to hundreds of posts, I modified a solution for something similar and voilá! It worked!!

1. Download
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/P4M890_16950603_XPx64_wIShld_logod.zip
2. Unzip
3. Edit uc07i.inf
4. Add the line FeatureScore = FC to the section [viagfx_3327]
5. Install the driver from Device Manager
6. Because of the changed file, the signature is not valid anymore. Simply ignore.
7. Reboot

G

Hi everyone. I have the same problem trying to get the driver for an IGP Via S3 UniChrome for my MoBo Biostar P4M800-M7A Ver.7.0 whit windows 7 x64, tried this solution but doesnt work, it says that there's an error at the time of installation; can you specify where exactly to add the line that you say "FeatureScore.... =... " in the .inf file... or anyone there that know a solution for this, please help, thanks in advance...

edangulo

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hi everyone. I have the same problem trying to get the driver for an IGP Via S3 UniChrome for my MoBo Biostar P4M800-M7A Ver.7.0 whit windows 7 x64, tried this solution but doesnt work, it says that there's an error at the time of installation; can you specify where exactly to add the line that you say "FeatureScore.... =... " in the .inf file... or anyone there that know a solution for this, please help, thanks in advance...
I don´t have that mobo anymore, but what I recall it should be like this:

[viagfx_3327]
FeatureScore = FC
AddReg = viagfx.AddReg, DefaultU.AddReg, TraypNT.AddReg
DelReg = viagfx.AddReg
CopyFiles = viagfx.Miniport, viagfx.Display, viagfx.ICD32, viagfx.ICD64, DefaultUHlp.Copy, DefaultUSys.Copy, VTTimer.Copy, TraypSys.Copy, TraypHlp.Copy

Hope it helps!!

mrheadscratch

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Jooneed

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hey guys, just to confirm that this solution really does work. I've had an ASUS P5VDC-MX mobo running Windows XP for years and decided to upgrade it to Windows 7 last week. After install, resolution stuck to 640*480. Have used the WinXP 64-bit version of Unichrome pro driver.
Edited uc07i.inf file and added line
FeatureScore = FC
to the section [viagfx_33xx]

Installed driver and rebooted. Now works perfect. Saved me from buying an AGP card for this mobo!!
Much thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.