AMD Dual Processor Motherboards

mvitello

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone make a dual CPU motherboard to support the AM3 socket? I want to build a new computer using 2 Phenom II X 4 processors. I haven't found any motherboard yet that will support it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

would work for the Phenom II (certain hardware is nmot there to support this, as well as the socket)

your only bet would be dual opteron's (socket 1207/F) or xeons (LGA 1366)

and both of those options are a little pricey

mvitello

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks. I was just trying to gauge what is available. I will be stationed in Korea soon and parts are very cheap. I want to build the fastest computer possible that supports 2 processors. There are open makets with every computer parts you can think of in Korea. I've been stationed there in the past and can't wait to get back to start building again.

try to find this:
dual LGA1366 motherboard with 2 pci express 2.0 x16 slots and at least 12 DDR3 dimm slots
2 Intel xeon E55x0 series cpu's (at least 2.4 GHz)
2 sets of 12GB (3x4GB) memory

this would give you 8 cpu cores with 16 threads, a motherboard that supports crossfire (no sli), and 24GB of memory (just make sure you split it between the processors)

G

all of the above ppl should kill themselves and reincarnate in 20 years from now ..... there is a 50% probability they will get what they want ...

couzoNBK

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Twin AMD Duel Core Opteron on a ASUS KFN32-D SLI/SAS motherboard with 2Gb per Core with a Ge-force 8800 GTX with a RAID 5 SATA on a 64bit System.

This System has been running for 2 year's 24/7 with only hard drive fault so far with 3D Animaton Programs / 3D CAD programs Render/Testing Models working 80% of the in the back ground with being able to run Photoshop / media player's running video clips at the same time with other general program all so.
still to find a game it will not run.