fitzguam

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks to you good people, I troubleshot the problem with my first build down to a DOA MoBo from PNY (never, ever again! I found many reports of DOA MoBos + bad PNY Customer "Support" afterwards).

People here recommended a nice little board from Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L), which installed easily and fired right up.

I must have screwed up part of my Windows XP SP3 installation, though. I set up a 120 GB partition for the OS and virtual memory, and I must have missed a prompt to partition/format the rest of the drive. Windows now thinks I only have 120 GB (it's a 320 GB Western Digital).

How do I get it to boot into Setup again so I can reformat and try again? It keeps taking a peek at the D drive (which, yes, is set as Boot Priority in the BIOS) then proceeding to boot XP from the (Hard drive) C drive. Do I need to make some keyboard entry to get back to Windows setup?

As always, thanks for your help,

Kelly Fitz
Guam, USA

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
go to control panel and look up administrative tools..

after getting there, open computer management.

After opening up computer management, go to disk management or something.

in that section, you can format the rest of your hd that isnt formatted yet.

(this is instructions for vista but it should be pretty similar from what i recall..)

Actually, i remember.. you can find administrative tools in Start>programs>accessories>system tools

from there, you should see teh portion of your hd that is NOT formatted.. right click on it and format it..