TS2/uni - length of time to load

Susan

Just wondering how it is for other people...to load Pleasantview then Sim
State University then Tri-Var Sorority takes about 9 minutes in total...

is this the same for everyone else out there? It seems like too long for me.
When my sims visit a community lot it takes ages to load too..

Does anyone know how I could quicken this up? What do you think?

More RAM probably - what RAM do you have? It only takes about 30 seconds
(max) for me. You can go directly to the university screen by pressing the
university icon on the neighbourhood chooser screen. You don't need to go
into the neighbourhood first.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Susan" <howser77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering how it is for other people...to load Pleasantview then Sim
> State University then Tri-Var Sorority takes about 9 minutes in total...
>
> is this the same for everyone else out there? It seems like too long for
me.
> When my sims visit a community lot it takes ages to load too..
>
> Does anyone know how I could quicken this up? What do you think?

I've noticed this as well. I thought the first time was because I had just
installed University, and then because it was the first time I played with a
family since I installled. But it continues. Needless to say, I play less
often now because of the load times.
I have 1 Gig of RAM on my computer and use the Windows task manager to close
programs running in the background, but that doesn't seem to help.
-ned

Susan wrote:
> Just wondering how it is for other people...to load Pleasantview
then
> Sim State University then Tri-Var Sorority takes about 9 minutes in
> total...
>
> is this the same for everyone else out there? It seems like too long
> for me. When my sims visit a community lot it takes ages to load
too..

> Does anyone know how I could quicken this up? What do you think?

Well, it depends on the speed of your computer, first of all.

Secondly, it depends on how big your neighborhood is. The bigger the
neighborhood, the longer it takes to load

Thirdly, it depends on how many downloads you have.

So, you could quicken it up by playing smaller neighborhoods, removing
downloads, or speeding up your computer.

On my old comptuer, it would take about 3 minutes to load
Pleasantview, then about 2-3 minutes to load a family. My new
computer is about half the time. I do have a very big neighborhood,
about 1200 sims and every possible location used for a house or lot.

destiny

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003

I found that having certain third party objects wouldn't let my game load
when I tried to enter into a house. Once I deleted some objects and I know
it's a long task but added a few objects at a time I had no problems. I
found the troubling objects and removed them. This might help, it did for
me.
Destiny

"Nanci Donacki" <captainnanci@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've noticed this as well. I thought the first time was because I had
> just installed University, and then because it was the first time I played
> with a family since I installled. But it continues. Needless to say, I
> play less often now because of the load times.
> I have 1 Gig of RAM on my computer and use the Windows task manager to
> close programs running in the background, but that doesn't seem to help.
> -ned
> "Susan" <howser77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just wondering how it is for other people...to load Pleasantview then Sim
>> State University then Tri-Var Sorority takes about 9 minutes in total...
>>
>> is this the same for everyone else out there? It seems like too long for
>> me. When my sims visit a community lot it takes ages to load too..
>>
>> Does anyone know how I could quicken this up? What do you think?

"Susan" <howser77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering how it is for other people...to load Pleasantview then Sim
> State University then Tri-Var Sorority takes about 9 minutes in total...

Will check load time next time I log in, however you don't need to load
Pleasantville first. Click on it, when the neighbourhood description comes
up there will be a University logo at the bottom of the box. Click on that
to go directly to SSU.