Hi,
I am running windows XP Pro and would like to know if there is a way to
create other user accounts...

I did take a look and found that there are other groups, such as Power
Users, Replicators, Network configurators....
I changed one of my accounts, via Computer Management/Users/Properties to
"Power Users" and it seems to be working, but where can I change the
priviledges and create costumized accounts?

Amilton Oliveira wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running windows XP Pro and would like to know if there is a way to
> create other user accounts...
>
> I did take a look and found that there are other groups, such as Power
> Users, Replicators, Network configurators....
> I changed one of my accounts, via Computer Management/Users/Properties to
> "Power Users" and it seems to be working, but where can I change the
> priviledges and create costumized accounts?

Run lusrmgr.msc. But note that if you create new groups, you have to
explicitly add permissions for those groups to your file system. That
could be a lot of work. A simpler technique is to create a new group and
then add users to that group without removing them from Administrators,
or Power Users, or Users.

But most folks get what they want by modifying the permissions of
existing groups.

Do not do this for XP Home Edition, you will cause account lockouts.

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows Security

I tryed running the application but still could not find where to change
permissions.
Can you give me any further assistance?

Amilton Oliveira wrote:
> I tryed running the application but still could not find where to change
> permissions.
> Can you give me any further assistance?

Not without some idea of what you are trying to do.

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows Security