Hard disk drive missing

G

Hello,
am not able to locate my D drive anymore on windows 7. several forums says i can rename the drive via disk management but i have no options available to me except "delete" and "Help" please can someone please help me fix this issue.. thanks in advance

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

You should tell the group about your computer, make, model, cpu, attached devices such as HDD's, DVD or CD burners, external drives, and how it has normally been functioning before this issue with your "D" drive. Also check in my computer to see how each device is designated with a letter, and in the Disk Management to see how each volume is listed in the graphical area below, what are the assigned letters, and friendly names. Also if there is more than 1 partition in any physical disk.

That way we can all think about the same problem and come up with the best solution.

Sometimes if two different resources are assigned the same letter designation, it can cause one to not be seen.

In "most" situations, the "D" letter is automaticalliy assigned to the DVD or CD burner, rather than the second HDD, so maybe that is the problem.