ping granny!

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:423d3e12$0$10868$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Not sure if you have this site already...but found it and thought of
> you....
>
> http://www.all-about-style.com/

Ho yes. I took all the Victorian ones with a whoop and a holler and a nasty
outbreak of Holmes and Moriarty - to say nothing of Dr Watson, Mrs Hudson
(rather young...) The Mysterious Miss Woo (a bad un) and the simpering Miss
Beauty Rosebud (worse).

The characters looked lovely sweeping, sweeping? Well, charging, then, up
and down the split staircase in Herrods Posh Shop.
That's another lost building I won;t be redoing in a hurry. 8(((

Granny.

Jo

I was thinking it would be great to do an entire house that's stuck in a
WWII era timewarp.... haven't seen much in the way of clothing or
furnishings suitable as yet.....

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

>I was thinking it would be great to do an entire house that's stuck in a
>WWII era timewarp.... haven't seen much in the way of clothing or
>furnishings suitable as yet.....
>
> ~ jo

The decoration is there, and the kitchen. 8(
Oh, I am fed up. I had to delete Little Dumpling and the prefabs tonight.
Though I have em backed up. This is driving me crazy.

Granny.

> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>I was thinking it would be great to do an entire house that's stuck in a
>>WWII era timewarp.... haven't seen much in the way of clothing or
>>furnishings suitable as yet.....
>>
>> ~ jo
>
> The decoration is there, and the kitchen. 8(
> Oh, I am fed up. I had to delete Little Dumpling and the prefabs tonight.
> Though I have em backed up. This is driving me crazy.

I have come back to this. Most of my terraced houses were rendolent of the
1930s but the game itself spoils the effect. Like watching the Victorian
ladies playing punchy-punchy with some man. It looked wrong.
Move a family into an old terraced house and they soon start yelling for
showers and microwaves and the like.

I bullied one poor girl who was living in two rooms up and down out of a
block of four houses and forced her to behave but found myself giving her a
pinball machine and computer because if i didn;t... well.. You know how it
goes.
Ahhh. Gasworks Terrace... Thank Goodness I took photos because I am damned
if I want to go through all that renovation again.

Granny.

Jo

Do you have pics? I'd love to see them.... even if you get a free webshots
account to upload... thinking of doing this myself :) Only problem is that
I am not playing sims 2 on this computer... the graphics card and ram are
far superior on the one I bought for my kids, so I play it there!
CONSTANTLY seem to be burning downloads to disc, but hey, it keeps me
backing them up :)

> Do you have pics? I'd love to see them.... even if you get a free
> webshots account to upload... thinking of doing this myself :) Only
> problem is that I am not playing sims 2 on this computer... the graphics
> card and ram are far superior on the one I bought for my kids, so I play
> it there! CONSTANTLY seem to be burning downloads to disc, but hey, it
> keeps me backing them up :)

<whine> Only Gasworks, named as Jubilee Terrace is on my 'got fed up with'
web.
No inside pics. I take outside shots as reference of most houses, then
ignore them.

http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wumpus/sim/jubilee.htm

I am extremely nervous about downloads ATM. Anyway, expansion pack new stuff
is keeping me happy at the moment.

Granny.

Jo

Oh that looks fantastic.... did they stay in their own homes? And, once
again. thanks for the giggle...I loved looking at your sims and their
stories ;)

> Oh that looks fantastic.... did they stay in their own homes? And, once
> again. thanks for the giggle...I loved looking at your sims and their
> stories ;)

Heck no. It was one great big happy household of hairy heros. No wonder that
bird moved out.

I am really no good at all at running Sims in small houses. Two of my prefab
mob in Little Dumplings have already built a second story and most of them
knocked down a wall somewhere to enlarge a room.
The funny part was when I reinstalled the whole lot, then moved the
neighbourhood back in.
Overnight someone slunk into the estate pulled down wallpaper and tore up
carpets. Boy, the burglars there are enterprising.

Oh, oh, and Poor Mr Mephistopeles Jones. They pinched all his black velvet
curtains, even the ones hanging over the head of his bed.
Poor Mr Jones.

Granny.

Jo

"Granny Crabapple" wrote then "jo" wrote in message
>> Oh that looks fantastic.... did they stay in their own homes? And, once
>> again. thanks for the giggle...I loved looking at your sims and their
>> stories ;)
>>
> Heck no. It was one great big happy household of hairy heros. No wonder
> that bird moved out.
>
> I am really no good at all at running Sims in small houses. Two of my
> prefab mob in Little Dumplings have already built a second story and most
> of them knocked down a wall somewhere to enlarge a room.
> The funny part was when I reinstalled the whole lot, then moved the
> neighbourhood back in.
> Overnight someone slunk into the estate pulled down wallpaper and tore up
> carpets. Boy, the burglars there are enterprising.
>
> Oh, oh, and Poor Mr Mephistopeles Jones. They pinched all his black velvet
> curtains, even the ones hanging over the head of his bed.
> Poor Mr Jones.
>
> Granny.

Oh but he has such nice eyes ;-)