Closed Solved

What is the best core i5 motherboard for the money?

I am interested in buying a new core i5 processor and I need to know what is the best LGA1156 motherboard to buy for this processor. I want a board that can easily be overclocked and Crossfire enabled. I am trying to decide between ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what core motherboard money
  1. what is your budget....in my opinion gor for EVGA motherboards.... P55 SLI
  2. yeah that or the asus p55
  3. Best answer
    I think alot of people are wondering something similiar. I decided of the Asus P7P55D. I have been kind of partial to Asus for years and when I have had any problems, they have backed their 3 year warranty with no problems. After looking at all the different models of the P7P55D, I decided on the basic model, not the LE, Pro, Premium or Deluxe. I'm sure their might be users that might use some of the other features, but being realistic, I knew I probably wouldn't and that made the price of $149 at Newegg with some Corsair Memory on a combo deal that saved me $10 and free shipping easy for me to make. I bought my i7-860 at my local Micro Center for $229 plus tax and also bought a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Universal CPU Cooler for $24.99 plus tax. I have read numerous reports that the stock HSF isn't very good expecially if you plan to overclock. I should have my motherboard, ram and cooler in the next few days and am looking forward to putting my new system together and installing Windows 7 RC and seeing how it runs after reading CPU Reviews the past few weeks. :)
  4. I agree that the Asus P755D seems like a great motherboard but what are the advantages of getting the PRO or evo versions? I am definitely considering the Asus, but I am just curious as to which Asus P755D would be the best? I would like to spend around $150 for a motherboard but I am willing to go higher if the motherboard is worth the money. Thanks again for your help guys.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Core Intel i5 Processors