Sign in with
Your question

Comments and Suggestions on this i7 Build

Last response: in Systems
March 29, 2009 1:23:56 AM

OK, this is my last thread before I buy. I just want to be sure I'm getting the best for my money and you guys are awesome at helping with that, so a big thanks.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 or Asus P6T Deluxe V2. Which of these would be better? Why?

Processor - Intel i7 920

Graphics/Video Card - 896MB EVGA GTX 260 SSC, 2304MHz GDDR3, 55nm GPU 675MHz, 216Cores, 2x DL DVI-I/ HDTV

RAM - 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 8, DHX, EPP Is this set a good purchase?

Case - Antec Nine Hundred

Hard Drive - Any suggestions?

Power Supply - Any suggestions?

[/b]Other[/b] - I already have a copy of Microsoft's Windows Vista x64 and a 22" monitor I'm planning on using so I can save a few pounds here.

If anyone can make any suggestions on how I could improve that build then I'd be more than grateful. I live in the UK and this cannot use Newegg.

My budget is £900 which equates to $1,286.73 USD, however components are way more expensive over here in the UK so there's no way I'm gonna be able to build some like you guys (US residents).

Thanks for reading and thanks for the help.
March 29, 2009 12:23:21 PM

Thanks for the resonse. Does any one else have any thoughts on my build? Which motherboard should I go for? Thanks again.
Related resources
March 29, 2009 4:24:53 PM

I don't know anything about the Gigabyte MB, but the Asus P6T Deluxe V-1 is what I have, very very good MB, and the V-2 is just like it, they just deleted the SAS ports and cut the price a little bit.
March 30, 2009 12:20:36 PM

I'd get the Asus board

Get a stock clocked GPU then OC it, you will save money that way. the SSC edition uses the same reference heatsink I believe so all you are paying extra for is the increased speed, which you can do yourself with ntune.

I think Corsair dominators are overpriced, I would say go with an OCZ or G. Skill set, as they are usually cheaper and just as good.
!