Sign in with
Your question

I have two HDD the 2nd HDD got merge without my knowledge

Last response: in Storage
October 25, 2010 7:12:40 AM

Hello, i purchase a new pc with
320gb hdd (OS DRIVE) and i connected my old 500 gb hdd but xp shifted to 500gb HDD and all my drives in 500gb HDD got merged and i could not find my data anymore. Please help....
a b G Storage
October 25, 2010 7:20:36 AM

? What you wrote doesn't make sense.

What sometimes happens when you connect an old drive is that the bios thinks you want to boot from that drive. If this is happening, go into the bios and change the boot order so it boots from the 320 again.

Or you might be having the issue where the drive letters are changed. What used to be the E drive is now the F drive because of the new 320GB C drive. If this is happening all your stuff is there but under a new drive letter. Browse around and find your stuff.

Or its also possible that you need to "mount" the old 500GB drive. Go to the drive manager and make sure its active.
Anonymous
October 25, 2010 5:54:15 PM

Unplug your 500, restart, make sure it boots the OS from the 320, if id does, go into bios and take note of drive name, switch off and plug in 500 drive, then bo into bios and make sure it is still set to boot from the 320 drive which you know now the name of from the previous step, boot up into windows, you should be in OS on 320 and have 500 as second drive
!