Unable to Set HDMI TO HDMI (Dell Studio XpS 435 MT + Panasonic 32" Mon

KIRAN TJ

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Config :

Studio XPS 435mt
ATI Radeon 3650 256 MB Video Card (1 card only)
Windows Home Premium 32-bit

Unable to use HDMI to HDMI in Studio 435MT.

Steps done:

1)Customer is having 32” Panasonic Monitor its working fine with other computer.
2)Customer trying to use DVI to DVI is working fine where if she start to use HDMI to HDMI its giving error 0033.
3)ATI driver is upto date
4)Changed the Display Options Manager in Catalyst 1080i & 720p still not working.
5)When error message comes System power led is (Solid White LED & TV Green Solid LED)
6)Tried with 3 different cables still not working.
7)Tried to change with different Resolution still not working.
8)Enabled Secondary Display Device
9)Set the Video Aspect Ratio (Click Theater mode - Scale to Full Screen)
10) Added 1080i mode to the Displays Manager Force Button
11) Added 720p mode to the Displays Manager Force Button

Pl advise

Kiran T.J MCP | DCSE | MCSE|A+

aboissonneau

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Hey did you ever get this issue figured out? I'm having the exact same problem. Also the issue only occurs on boot up, if I attach the monitor later everything is hunky dory.

KIRAN TJ

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008

borisparker

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009

I am having the same problem with a panasonic 54'' G10, when I reboot from pc with te HDMI connection I get 0033 error. I have an ATI 4670 card. What did you replace yours with to resolve the problem???

KIRAN TJ

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
This sounds like the video card has sensing circuitry which turns off the port if it determines that there is no display device connected to it. It might do it on a timed basis, but you can try checking for an immediate shutoff by turning off the large HDTV after it has been detected and is working. If it works when you turn it back on, it may be a delayed time event. To handle the problem of the HDTV being turned off overnight, you might be able to fool the video card by inserting a video distribution amp or KVM on the affected port.

It seems you have a deadlock condition => the video card doesn't provide a signal unless it detects the HDTV; the HDTV doesn't activate that HDMI input unless it detects a signal.

Look carefully in the advanced section of your video driver to see if there's a "force" option for that display's output. Also, does the driver have an HDTV option (so it "knows" this is an HDTV and not a standard monitor)?

Another thought: Is the PC set to blank the displays after a fixed amount of time? If so, disable that and see if the problem persists.

If none of those help, try an intervening always-on device that will "fool momma nature" by letting the PC think there's an active display even when the TV's off. A 2-port DVI KVM should do the trick.

there's already no adapter in use. A DVI -> HDMI convertor is just a pinout converter ... the signaling isn't effected at all.

inserting some piece of hardware into the dvi/hdmi line has also been suggested to fix the problem. An example has been given at this link: http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-DVI-EDID-Dvi-Detective/dp/B0002CZJ8O

Also,

hdmiOn - a solution to loss of DVI video EDID signal on HD TVs
Issue: New HD TV not working with Home Theatre PC, specifically when switching from HDMI input to TV and back again. The HDMI signal is lost and can only be reset by either rebooting the PC or unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable.
This problem seems to affect ATI video cards only, with NVIDIA updating their drivers to fix this. ATI states that Catalyst drivers at version 7.3 or higher have fixed this problem, but that wasn’t the case here. A Google search for ati hdmi edid shows a number of users with the same problem.
Try the hdmiOn solution presented below, works gr8 :

hdmiOn is a tiny program that turns the monitor off and on, which resends the EDID data bringing back the TV to life. Suggested usage is to assign the program to a function or hotkey.
Program was tested on Sony BRAVIA KDL46X3100 with a ATI HD 2400 PRO.
Download hdmiOn.exe
source code is as follows.
#include
int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
{
// Turn off monitor
SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MONITORPOWER, (LPARAM) 2);
// Turn on monitor
SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MONITORPOWER, (LPARAM) -1);
return 0;
}

KIRAN TJ

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
i fixed the same card but on other machine, the above steps fixed it ..

so its worth the try , specially two things.. first is Downloading Hdmion.exe and second -port DVI KVM which can do the the trick.

ergon7

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Kiran, I have a problem:

the video card doesn't provide a signal unless it detects the HDTV..

I got Dell Studio 1535 with ATI 3400 series card. I pluged my Dell onto friend's Samsung Blue ray player and when I got back home it worked fine , then I turned the computer off. In the morning when I turned it on it didn't turn on the screen.. But when I plug it into HDTV (Philips) then I can work through HDTV but latop's screen is still black/blank(not working).. .How to solve it?