compaq ipaq 3630 pocket pc : the use of storage card

a b G Storage
February 13, 2005 2:53:02 PM

I want to listen to music on my IPAQ, but on that pocket pc there is only
enough memory for 4 audio numbers (wma). So, I used a storage card from 256
mb and put there on my music (wma). But I CANNOT read the music from the
storage card.
I have tried EVERYTHING, synchronisation by windows media player. Autosync;
a program on my IPAQ, something with AUTORUN..... nothing works. What do I do
wrong??? I need some help. PLEASE??!?! Sorry for my bad English, I am a Dutch
girl. If you want to react in Dutch language that would be great ha ha!
--
Ingrid
Anonymous

Ingrid wrote:
> I want to listen to music on my IPAQ, but on that pocket pc there is
> only enough memory for 4 audio numbers (wma). So, I used a storage
> card from 256 mb and put there on my music (wma). But I CANNOT read
> the music from the storage card.
> I have tried EVERYTHING, synchronisation by windows media player.
> Autosync; a program on my IPAQ, something with AUTORUN..... nothing
> works. What do I do wrong??? I need some help. PLEASE??!?! Sorry for
> my bad English, I am a Dutch girl. If you want to react in Dutch
> language that would be great ha ha!

Is the problem that Windows Media Player doesn't see the files, but you can
see them on the card in File Explorer? If so, do you have a "My Documents"
folder on the storage card? If not, create one, and put your music files in
there, then WMP should be able to see them. Sorry, I don't speak a word of
Dutch, but I hope that helps.

Tony
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 14, 2005 2:24:46 PM

"Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in message
> Ingrid wrote:
>
> Is the problem that Windows Media Player doesn't see the files, but you
> can see them on the card in File Explorer? If so, do you have a "My
> Documents" folder on the storage card? If not, create one, and put your
> music files in there, then WMP should be able to see them. Sorry, I don't
> speak a word of Dutch, but I hope that helps.
>
> Tony

Also if it is an earlier version of MP (which given the model would make me
think so) then do not put the music in a directory deeper than one level.
Same goes for Pocket Excel and pocket word files as you expand to use the
memory card.

Newer versions of MP do not have that problem. Pocket Excel and Pocket
word, however, still do AFAIK.

Third party apps rarely have that limitation.

Good Luck
!