EP45-UD3P No Internet

Scoob_86

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I have an EP45-UD3P Motherboard that works fine -- just got done with assemble. Plugged in Ethernet cable into DSL modem and no Internet. Network is enabled in BIOS. Tried a different DSL modem. Am using Vista 64 Bit. I don't know where to go now. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scoob_86

bilbat

Splendid
Did you do the driver install from the included disk? If not - do so; uncheck the DynamicEnergySaver utiltiy, and use the automated install - it is sequenced properly, as some drivers require others to be already loaded before their hardware can be 'discovered'...

go into the device manager and look for your network adapters. If they're there uninstall them and reboot. Windows will try and look for drivers for them. Wait for the "do you have a disc" or "select a place to look for drivers'........ aim it towards your DVD-rom drive with the disc in it. It should go from there.
If none are present they didn't install.
And when you installed all your mother board drivers did you REBOOT and see if there was any more stuff that needed to be installed ?.......

Scoob_86

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Bios says: Smart Lan 2
Link Detected 10 Mpbs
Cable length less than 10 m

Device Manager Says:
Network Adapters
Realtek RTL8168c(p)/81111c(p) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS 6.0

Scoob_86

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
It works now. I found out that the old modem is "binded" to Verizon's network, and everytime you get a new DSL modem, you have to call and have them electronically "release" the modem. Sometimes you can use the reset button on the modem, but that doesn't always work. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Scoob_86