Nvidia GPU in 120$ budget

furqan0096

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hey everyone. I wanted an advice from you which is the best Nvidia GPU under 120$. If you can provide a link to newegg or ebay its better if u cant never mind just give the name and model. Thanks in advance.

mexpedip

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Try this one. It is about = to the HD4850 in performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130432

It is 'recertified' but I have had excellent luck with newegg recertified products. The price/performance value is unbeatable unless you want to take a chance with an ebay purchase.

here is an HD4850 review that includes a comparison to the 9800 gtx+. The card meets or exceeds the hD4850 in almost every game and all the synthetic benchmarks. On top that, it will crank out 6000+ points per day from folding@home.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_4850/23.html

here is a comment from one of the buyers. The driver disk is useless anyways and the manual/utilities can be downloaded from the web site so just make sure you have the correct power requirements. ie: 2 x pcie cables from your psu. If not then just get an adapter.

*Referbished* box came with no PCIe power adapter, no drivers, no manual, nothing but the card. Card requires TWO PCIe power connections for full performance.

p.s. the 'recertified' products usually go pretty fast so you might want to make a decision within the next day or two.

mrmmacd77

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009

I wouldn't touch that card honestly, Beg, steal or borrow the extra 9.95 lol and get a card that is

1. Lifetime warranty
2. Has positive reviews from people that know what they are doing with computers, not most of the idiots that Neg feedback on new egg.
3. Is going to serve you in the future
4. Gonna run every game that is currently out at decent settings.

That 9600gt that you linked to IMHO you are not gonna be happy with in the long run.

edit: sorry lasoski311 I thought by the way you worded that your were the original poster..... my bad :ouch: