Sign in with
Your question

OC fail

Last response: in Overclocking
December 4, 2010 3:23:08 AM

Hello,
I have encountered a strange problem in my computer. I have never tried OC in my system. But suddenly from 1 day a message started popping saying OC settings fail. Why is this occuring? What can i do for it?
i have intel core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz processor and Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 motherboard. Please provide solution.

More about : fail

a c 241 K Overclocking
December 4, 2010 4:28:40 AM

- Check PSU Rail maybe Short /Drop Voltage, ucan check manual use voltmeter
- check battery Cmos in mobo if not good replace New Baterry ! ( battery source chip Bios),
- clean your HSF with Alcohol/beer replace New Thermal Paste
- check fan HSF rolling RPM if too low set in Bios SMART FAN DISABLED
- Check RAM with software memtest86+

if u don't know anything contact support your PC !
m
l
a c 197 K Overclocking
December 4, 2010 3:37:15 PM

henydiah said:

- clean your HSF with Alcohol/beer replace New Thermal Paste

Alcohol means isopropyl alcohol. 70% is OK. 90+% from a pharmacy is better. Do not use beer. It leaves a film that may interfere with the transfer of heat to the heatsink.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 4, 2010 4:23:01 PM

That board and especially the chipset was always terrible when it came to overclocking. I suggest that if you are able to swap the board out with a G31 or better such as a G33 or G43 intel board. they run much cooler and use less power. They are much easier to overclock even for those of very low skill level.

Remove the cooler and clean it then replace the stock compound. As for cleaning up the compound you have already been given the right info but don't waste your cotton swabs just use toilet paper or a paper towel will do just fine.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 4, 2010 5:13:08 PM

LOL@ using beer to clean the chip.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 4, 2010 5:43:53 PM

sportsfanboy said:
LOL@ using beer to clean the chip.

I bet there is some idiot int the world trying vodka or tequila to clean a cpu. Worse moon shine :o 

+1
m
l
a c 241 K Overclocking
December 5, 2010 11:26:54 PM

jsc said:
Alcohol means isopropyl alcohol. 70% is OK. 90+% from a pharmacy is better. Do not use beer. It leaves a film that may interfere with the transfer of heat to the heatsink.

:pt1cable:  wrong place JSC.. :D 
m
l
December 6, 2010 2:19:27 AM

nforce4max said:
I bet there is some idiot int the world trying vodka or tequila to clean a cpu. Worse moon shine :o 

Vodka works fine. It's pretty heavily filtered/distilled. It just takes a bit longer to evaporate than 90% alcohol solution.
m
l
!