I have encountered a strange problem in my computer. I have never tried OC in my system. But suddenly from 1 day a message started popping saying OC settings fail. Why is this occuring? What can i do for it?
i have intel core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz processor and Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 motherboard. Please provide solution.
- Check PSU Rail maybe Short /Drop Voltage, ucan check manual use voltmeter
- check battery Cmos in mobo if not good replace New Baterry ! ( battery source chip Bios),
- clean your HSF with Alcohol/beer replace New Thermal Paste
- check fan HSF rolling RPM if too low set in Bios SMART FAN DISABLED
- Check RAM with software memtest86+
if u don't know anything contact support your PC !
That board and especially the chipset was always terrible when it came to overclocking. I suggest that if you are able to swap the board out with a G31 or better such as a G33 or G43 intel board. they run much cooler and use less power. They are much easier to overclock even for those of very low skill level.
Remove the cooler and clean it then replace the stock compound. As for cleaning up the compound you have already been given the right info but don't waste your cotton swabs just use toilet paper or a paper towel will do just fine.