reignofbudweiser

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
I'm sold on building an i7 rig, but I've come across an issue with money. As eager as I am to get started on purchasing the hardware for my new computer, I don't know if I should wait to do it all at once or if I should go ahead and buy it piece-by-piece. What do you think?

Wait until I can do it all at once or should I buy it piece by piece?

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Buy parts as you can afford them. But make sure you start with the motherboard. It governs what else you can and can't buy later on.

kurtyboh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
also have to consider warranties, how long is it going to take you to purchase the rest of your comp? Many places will only replace the item instead of switching the item. While it may not be a big deal most of the time, but if say you get all your parts and your ram isn't compatible with the rest then you will have wasted that money. so i would say wait, the parts you want will most likely be cheaper saving you to get better items in the other areas that maybe your kinda sold on but questioning yet. also guarantee's that you'll be able to switch parts if for some reason something isn't compatible.

kurt