How do you get skins to work on WMP10 2003SE?

February 13, 2005 11:59:01 PM

I have tried all I can, but WMP10 cannot seem to find a skin on my pocket pc.
I have downloaded some from the Microsoft website, but they don't work
either. Somebody help me!
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 4:47:03 AM

I was having the same problem and found this board with a solution:

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=54775

"Jonathan" wrote:

> I have tried all I can, but WMP10 cannot seem to find a skin on my pocket pc.
> I have downloaded some from the Microsoft website, but they don't work
> either. Somebody help me!
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 4:37:08 AM

I have the same problem and looked at this solution but don't understand what
I must change in the register and how I can do it.
Can someone please explame this to me?

Thanx

"michiganbuckeye" wrote:

> I was having the same problem and found this board with a solution:
>
> http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=54775
>

> "Jonathan" wrote:
>
> > I have tried all I can, but WMP10 cannot seem to find a skin on my pocket pc.
> > I have downloaded some from the Microsoft website, but they don't work
> > either. Somebody help me!
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 7:51:02 AM

Sure. It took me a while to figure it out too. Here's what to do:
You have to use the TascalRegEdit program to import the registry file. You
can download that free program from here. The url again is
http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/tascalregedit.shtm...

You have to download the Windows Media Registry file. Go to this board
again: http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=54775 Look at the
first entry. Download the attached zip file from pearj. After you extract the
files you can copy the "mediaplayer" registry file to your PocketPC. Put it
in any folder you can remember.

In your PocketPC open the TascalRegEdit program. It is listed at TRE (Go
"Start", "Programs", "TRE"). Go to the File menu in the program and click
"Import Registry". It should recognize and display the "mediaplayer" registry
file. Tap it and you should get a message leting you know it was imported
correctly.

Do a soft reset and then open up Windows Media Player. It now should be able
to recognize your skins.

If any of these steps doesn't seem to work just respond back and let me know
what doesn't seem to work.

The last step of course is to do a hard reset, but try to avoid that if
possible.

!