Gainward GTX285 2048MB 14k+ 3dmark06 ?

HI !

I have just replaced old 8800GT with Gainward GTX285 2048MB.
I think I have very low 3dmark score ... only 14150 on 1280x1024....

Sistem:

Core 2 duo E6600 OC 3,1 GZ

RAM 2x1 Samsung Original

Desktop Board D975XBX

Gainward GTX285 2048MB

Raptor

SAMSUNG 24

Enermax 500 Watt


PLEASE HELP
36 answers Last reply
More about gainward gtx285 2048mb 3dmark06
  1. I have replayed the same 3dmark06 test but this time at 1920x1200 rez and the score is about the same ... 13566.
    Any advice?
  2. are you on xp, vista? 32bit, 64 bit? your cpu and ram are holding you back. I overclocked to 3.6GHz on my cpu and was able to get 2000 higher than the stock 3.2GHz. I get 17,343 with a 4870 1gb card.
  3. The fact the test runs nearly as fast at a much higher resoloution only confirms that it is CPU bound and some extra memory wo n`t hurt either.
  4. xp-32
  5. Milos-stancene said:
    xp-32

    You should be running a 64bit os :sarcastic:
  6. xp or vista ?
  7. Either of those or win7

    XP isn't as bad as others will make it out either....there are stable "builds" of xp 64 bit floating around...do you legally own xp 32 bit? i see no problem in installing xp 64 bit
  8. What is the difference between 32&64 bit?
    In 3dmark06 (and in the most games) 2+ Gigs Ram won`t help..
  9. It's your cpu. Either overclock it as far as it will go or upgrade it. The E6600 was a great chip back then but it's no match for a gtx285, at least in synthetics.
  10. Upgrade to what?
    Desktop Board D975XBX dont support Quads and won`t let me OC-ing further than 3,1Gz because I have to do some DEBUG MODE....http://forums.legitreviews.com/about6375.html
  11. Milos-stancene said:
    What is the difference between 32&64 bit?
    In 3dmark06 (and in the most games) 2+ Gigs Ram won`t help..

    Google the bold...

    Its your choice...you should see some performance improvements with going to 64 bit os....
  12. Milos-stancene said:
    Upgrade to what?
    Desktop Board D975XBX dont support Quads and won`t let me OC-ing further than 3,1Gz because I have to do some DEBUG MODE....http://forums.legitreviews.com/about6375.html


    Get a new mobo as well. It doesn't have to be ultra expensive to get the job done. Mine is a year old IP35V which cost what, $75 and I can OC my Q6600 to 3.5ghz except my temps go through the roof.

    My 3dmark 06 score is 14770 with a 3ghz q6600 and 4870 512mb.
  13. You may want to get a better power supply too. 500 watt enermax??
    That gtx285 is seriously being wasted on that system.
  14. My buddy has the GTX285 on a Q9550 at 3.2Ghz with 4GB of DDR3 ram, with Vista64 and gets about 15500, so that score is consistent with your hardware. you are being bottlenecked by your CPU.
  15. bluzman32 said:
    You may want to get a better power supply too. 500 watt enermax??
    That gtx285 is seriously being wasted on that system.


    I have asked 100 times if is 500 enermax enough for this card... and you said YES.
    From DUO to QUAD and 2gigs to 4 RAM.... the diference is 1500 points .... not BIG diference to pay $$$ !!!!!
  16. You should be getting 17 K if you werem't held back by your CPU and motherboard. If you had an e8400 and an Asus P5Q, you could OC the e8400 to 4.0 GHz at 9 X 444 FSB or 8 X 500 and you'll see your scores shoot past 17,000.
  17. I just need help to UNlock my motherboard !!!!!
  18. Thank you all
  19. Yur PSU IS fine for the rig, no problems there.
    Yes a faster CPU will improve matters but it wo n`t really make a huge difference to actual gameplay or framerates.
    With a 24" 1920x1200 display you can get good speeds out of this rig and superior image quality as well.
    Relax in the knowlage that you`ll be seeing good speeds and image quality for some time to come and stop worrying about a largely unimportaint benchmark score.
  20. coozie7 said:
    Yur PSU IS fine for the rig, no problems there.
    Yes a faster CPU will improve matters but it wo n`t really make a huge difference to actual gameplay or framerates.
    With a 24" 1920x1200 display you can get good speeds out of this rig and superior image quality as well.
    Relax in the knowlage that you`ll be seeing good speeds and image quality for some time to come and stop worrying about a largely unimportaint benchmark score.

    Why do you always screw up a word when you type ' ?

    Or space before and after ' ?
  21. With all the misspellings and typos on this forum, why are you so concerned with my use of punctuation?
    And I do n`t space before and after the `, it`s just how the font works.
  22. And a double post to boot...*sigh*

    I pick a select few people to call out on the blatant disregard for a half ass use of my language...i can't be right all of the time...
  23. Quote:
    Why do you always screw up a word when you type ' ?

    Or space before and after ' ?


    Its because he is using a grave (`) and not an apostrophe (')
  24. coozie7 said:
    Yur PSU IS fine for the rig, no problems there.
    Yes a faster CPU will improve matters but it wo n`t really make a huge difference to actual gameplay or framerates.
    With a 24" 1920x1200 display you can get good speeds out of this rig and superior image quality as well.
    Relax in the knowlage that you`ll be seeing good speeds and image quality for some time to come and stop worrying about a largely unimportaint benchmark score.


    Thank you for your post ...... it metters much to ME
  25. Bottom line.. the resolution you mention is cpu bound, not GPU. You are not, and cannot take full advantage of the card at that res. The numbers you report, and how they dont change when you up resolution, are very normal.

    If you want to up the 1280x1024 scores you will have to upgrade cpu and RAM. Which, of course will help you at higher res.. but not nearly as much as at lower. Who cares about 1280x1024 anyway if you can play at 1900*1200? Also.. you have a 2gig card.. you wont be able to use the extra gig unless you play at 30" native resolutions... certainly it is sitting there like a useless lump at 1280x1024. (1900*1200 can make some use of 2gig in a select few games)

    Additionally, as to the overclocking questions.. you may not be able to go higher on a dell board. They aren't exactly breaking the bank on overclocking features at the best of times and it wouldn't surprise me if that kind of oc is as good as it gets.
  26. +1 to what daedalus685 said.

    and PUHLEASEEEEEEE, quit testing your card with 3dmark06. test it with real games: farcry2, crysis benchmark, and the likes.

    and seriously, with a bad ass graphics card, why are you still using XP? you're putting all the dx10 capabilities of that card out of the window.

    i suggest you switch to vista now.
  27. I get 15,500 with my Setup, E6750 @ 3.7Ghz, 4Gb Ram @ 926Mhz and GTX 260 C 216 overclocked highly. Your CPU is definitely holding you back from getting a higher score. Overclock it or buy a board and CPU. I'm also using Windows Vista x64.
  28. I agree with wh3resmycar, I would throw 3dmark06 out the window with xp as well. We are very much past the days of DX9. It is pretty useless as a benchmark nowadays... even when compared to other synthetics (which are called synthetics for a reason). Run some time demos of your favourite games and record the fps at resolutions you willa ctualyl play at if you really want to look at useful numbers that have some bearing in the real world.

    IMO if you only want to do dx9.. the 285 was a massive waste of cash, and please please please tell me you actually have a nice monitor that is native 1900*1200 at least and the 1280*1024 was just the score you posted.. because to say a 285 is a massive waste of money at that res doesnt even come close to describing the situation.
  29. Milos-stancene said:
    Upgrade to what?
    Desktop Board D975XBX dont support Quads and won`t let me OC-ing further than 3,1Gz because I have to do some DEBUG MODE....http://forums.legitreviews.com/about6375.html


    Yes, the motherboard 975XBX does support Quads Q6600 or Q6700. I have a Q6600 running on 975XBX. You do however need to have rev. 3.1 or you will have to update bios. BY the way Milos how did you over clocking E6600 cause the board has a locked bios. It only allows you to overclock extreme edtion only..
  30. pinaplex said:
    My buddy has the GTX285 on a Q9550 at 3.2Ghz with 4GB of DDR3 ram, with Vista64 and gets about 15500, so that score is consistent with your hardware. you are being bottlenecked by your CPU.


    I am a little surprised at that score. I am running a Q9450 at 3.2Ghz with 4GB of DDR2-1066 ram, Vista 32 and two 8800gt's and I have a 3DMark06 of 16819.
  31. daedalus685 said:
    I agree with wh3resmycar, I would throw 3dmark06 out the window with xp as well. We are very much past the days of DX9. It is pretty useless as a benchmark nowadays... even when compared to other synthetics (which are called synthetics for a reason). Run some time demos of your favourite games and record the fps at resolutions you willa ctualyl play at if you really want to look at useful numbers that have some bearing in the real world.

    IMO if you only want to do dx9.. the 285 was a massive waste of cash, and please please please tell me you actually have a nice monitor that is native 1900*1200 at least and the 1280*1024 was just the score you posted.. because to say a 285 is a massive waste of money at that res doesnt even come close to describing the situation.


    YES,I have samsung 24 - native 1900*1200 .
    In a games is rocket card.
    Thank you
  32. ghostmann said:
    Yes, the motherboard 975XBX does support Quads Q6600 or Q6700. I have a Q6600 running on 975XBX. You do however need to have rev. 3.1 or you will have to update bios. BY the way Milos how did you over clocking E6600 cause the board has a locked bios. It only allows you to overclock extreme edtion only..

    Well,you can a bit OC you CPU (from 2,4 to 3,1) but further you can not,well you have to rais up voltages and that part in bios is locked... sorry,englisch is my second language.
  33. pajama said:
    I am a little surprised at that score. I am running a Q9450 at 3.2Ghz with 4GB of DDR2-1066 ram, Vista 32 and two 8800gt's and I have a 3DMark06 of 16819.

    QUAD at 3Ghz is still cpu bund for GTX285!!!
  34. I have just tested card in Crysis test:

    GPU test: min 36,ave 46, max 57

    CPU test: min 30,ave 43,max 50

    1920x1200 all HIGH ....

    I have no Vista,not yet
  35. Milos-stancene said:
    QUAD at 3Ghz is still cpu bund for GTX285!!!


    I just installed a GTX 295 in place of my two 8800GT's and my 3DMark score is now 19850. This tells me I am not CPU bound. Am I wrong?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gainward Samsung Graphics