Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
My PC makes a bbrrrrrrr sound while it's staring up and goes away after 2-3 mins it only does it when I turn it on in the morning, or when I leave it off for 6 hours or so and go turn it on again, it doesn't make it if I turn it off then on again after 2-4 hours, it's been doing it for months now.

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Its most likely a fan off balance making the sound. Do what GhislainG said, stick your finger on each fan to stop it and that will eliminate them as the sound source.

rocket_sauce

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
My parents comp is like that, but there problem was the CD-Rom drive. Sometimes they had a disc in the drive when they booted up and sometimes they didn't. Just another option for you to try or think about

Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I disconected everything this morning plugged off all fans took out the processor and the weird sound seemed to be comming out of the HDD, guess it's coughing lol

Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Well that was weird, I was about to take off the disc to take it to the store since it has 1 month left on warranty and the HDD din't seem to be straight and only one screw was holding it, so I added 3 more screws and the noise was gone.