Sign in with
Your question

Which CPU should i choose?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 3, 2009 5:42:40 AM

At the moment I have been putting together a new computer and I am trying to decide which CPU would be better for gaming. I am choosing between a Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6300 Processor which is 2.8 GHZ or a Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6300 which is 1.86 GHZ. Also, this is a little off-topic, but the graphics card that I am putting into the system says that it is recommended that I should have either Pentium 4, Celeron, or Duo inside the system. If i did not have any of these in there would the video card not work properly?

More about : cpu choose

July 3, 2009 9:09:39 AM

Of course that Pentium E6300 is better than Core 2 duo one. Is no problem with the video card. The only thing that I'm concern is if your motherboard will support your CPU. Please give us more detail about your system.
a b à CPUs
July 3, 2009 1:57:20 PM

buy whichever cpu is more expensive, the more expensive one is better, where i used to work one of my co workers thaught the 3.2 ghz pentium d in his machine was better than the 2.2 ghz core 2 in mine, we ran some benches and what do u no, mine won, clock speed is not the most important factor anymore, or the upcomming phenom ii 965 would kick the bajeeses out of the i7 920
July 3, 2009 5:06:53 PM

The motherboard I put into the system is a XfX nForce 750i SLI motherboard, and i have 2x XfX 9600 GSO graphics cards in it.
!