Sign in with
Your question

China made branded PSU

Last response: in Components
July 3, 2009 5:51:31 AM

Hi

I want to ask are China made branded second hand PSUs good for gaming systems. They came out from branded systems. And these power supplies don't have any brand name on them. But these power supplies look same like any other good branded power supplies like Cooler Master, Thermaltake or any other.

I want one for my gaming system (E6600, Asus P5GC-MX 1333, XFX 9800GT).
Tell is this good form me to buy this one?

Thanks

More about : china made branded psu

July 3, 2009 6:02:21 AM

Branded second hand PSUs. Sounds like a good name for a rock band. It;s like asking if buying red bicycles is good. As long as it's not food or drugs being made in China at least it won't kill you. If you can get a brand name PSU for slightly more, say the cost of lunch, then buy a brand name with a warranty.
July 3, 2009 6:13:02 AM

Nope its half in price against new one like cooler masker.
Related resources
July 3, 2009 6:19:21 AM

Can you think of a better idea than buying a cheap PSU and risk turning your entire computer into a large, out of the ordinary doorstop?
July 3, 2009 7:17:44 AM

Just tell me "will it work for me?"
July 3, 2009 7:24:54 AM

No one can tell you that. A quality PSU is essential for the life and performance of your computer. Without any other associated information, you must decide for yourself if it is worth the risk to the rest of your system.
July 3, 2009 7:40:43 AM

Shahid Mehmood said:
Just tell me "will it work for me?"

That should be asked to the person selling you the PSU. Ask what kind of buyer protection they offer. For example, if the PSU burns out in the first week and kills your CPU, RAM, motherboard in the process, what can the seller do to help you?
July 3, 2009 12:26:24 PM

hundredislandsboy said:
That should be asked to the person selling you the PSU. Ask what kind of buyer protection they offer. For example, if the PSU burns out in the first week and kills your CPU, RAM, motherboard in the process, what can the seller do to help you?

i know, he is going to say he can sell you those parts.....branded from china
a c 144 ) Power supply
July 3, 2009 2:20:04 PM

I am going to stereotype based on the original poster's name.

I have been working in Saudi Arabia for a while. I am friends with some of the computer people working in the stores downtown. I have noticed that Arabs are willing to spend the money on a mid to upper end Core2 or AMD system. But they are unwilling to spend the money on a decent power supply. And unwilling to listen to the clerk working in the store.

Then when the system fails, they come back to the store and blame the clerk for selling them junk.

And the best name brand PSU's available are what we would consider third tier. The worst available is lower that 5 tier Chinese junk.
!