Your question

Someone needs to tell Toshiba...

Last response: in CPUs
July 3, 2009 6:55:47 AM

...that the T9000 series mobile Core2Duo CPUs aren't Quad-Core chips. /facepalm

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebreference.to?oid=358372&catName=CPU

Quote:

Intel® Core™2 Duo T9000 Series Processors
Get blazing fast quad-core performance for intense multimedia applications like HD video encoding, photo editing, retouching and publishing. T9000 Series processors are great for:
Syncing or streaming media
Creating and editing high-definition videos
Multiplayer online games
Maintaining a website or blog

More about : toshiba

a b à CPUs
July 3, 2009 7:17:21 AM

Is it a hyper threaded chip? Even if not, they may have been taking some liberties with the english language. You notice they don't directly say "Your Quad Core will be awesome" but instead indirectly reference it with "Quad-Core Performance". It is a gentle difference that would probably stand up in court if someone tried to nail them for false advertisement.
July 3, 2009 7:19:13 AM

JofaMang said:
Is it a hyper threaded chip? Even if not, they may have been taking some liberties with the english language. You notice they don't directly say "Your Quad Core will be awesome" but instead indirectly reference it with "Quad-Core Performance". It is a gentle difference that would probably stand up in court if someone tried to nail them for false advertisement.

No, it doesn't have HT. And even if the wording in the description just implied it "performed as well as a quad-core" or whatever, the chart in the link has it listed straight up under the "Quad-Core" heading.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 3, 2009 7:21:03 AM

My apologies, just read the quote, and didn't bother with the link. Indeed, they are in error~
a b à CPUs
July 3, 2009 11:35:48 AM

My god, that will work perfectly with my new $15 Dell monitor.
a b à CPUs
July 3, 2009 12:32:13 PM

jitpublisher said:
My god, that will work perfectly with my new $15 Dell monitor.

ROFL!

Perhaps the FTC should force Toshiba to include a quad-core in order to obviate any false advertising charges..
!