Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WMP10 on PIE?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 1:15:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Is it possible to embedd WMP Version 10 on pocket IE?

and has anyone successed if so can you send a sample page for it?

--

More about : wmp10 pie

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 2:38:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

AFAIK according to MSDN you just use code that you'd use on the
desktop player, it uses the WMP9 classID ad so forth.

Apparently it's much more reliable and improved over the WMP6.4
embedding used by WM2003 version 9 player which was basically broken.

Obviously there will be certain limitations to scripting, such as the
DVD and CD objects aren't available. But the object model is now much
closer to the desktop player version 9.

Care to share your experience once you've tried it ?

Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:15:30 +0530, "Arvind"
<arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to embedd WMP Version 10 on pocket IE?
>
>and has anyone successed if so can you send a sample page for it?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 2:53:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Also take a look here :
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wi...

Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:15:30 +0530, "Arvind"
<arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to embedd WMP Version 10 on pocket IE?
>
>and has anyone successed if so can you send a sample page for it?
Related resources
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:43:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

thanks for your replies!


and i have a question.

in WMP(6.4) For PIE

when the user taps the video region the vide gets pause.

is there any way to avoid this?




--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
"eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, Every Minute.

e-Mail : arvindr@erivasystems.com

Web Site: www.erivasystems.com

Yahoo Messenger : arvish27
"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:j7e611hqm852p64tmjnm63ojfkjv1m2tam@4ax.com...
> Also take a look here :
>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wi...
7_1
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:15:30 +0530, "Arvind"
> <arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to embedd WMP Version 10 on pocket IE?
> >
> >and has anyone successed if so can you send a sample page for it?
>
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 2:46:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Maybe ... you might be able to set Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false
to turn off the pen-presses. If not, you could also try to use this
scripting to return false (cancel the event) :

The variables in the function call below, iButton and iShiftState, are
for compatibility only, and will be undefined (no value) when the
event is fired. fX and fY might have the x and y screen coordinates,
I've not checked.

<script for="Player" event="Click(iButton, iShiftState, fX, fY )"
language="javascript">
return false;
</script>

You'd have to add that in the HTML *after* the player <object> tags or
it will barf. In fact, it might barf anyway but try the SendMouseClick
first and see if that helps ;-)

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:43:06 +0530, "Arvind"
<arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:

>thanks for your replies!
>
>
>and i have a question.
>
>in WMP(6.4) For PIE
>
>when the user taps the video region the vide gets pause.
>
>is there any way to avoid this?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:09:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

i ahve tried with the following code without sucess

<html>
<head>

<script language= javascript >
function loadplayercontrols()
{
Player.FileName="\\Storage Card\\files\\test.asx";


Player.ShowGotoBar=false;
Player.ShowControls=false;
Player.ShowTracker=false;
Player.ShowAudioControls=false;
Player.ShowPositionControls=true;
Player.ShowDisplay=true;
Player.ShowStatusBar=false;
Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false;

Player.Play();
}
</script>

</head>



<body onLoad= loadplayercontrols() text= #000000 leftmargin= 0 topmargin=
0 marginwidth= 0 marginheight= 0 >


<object id= Player width= 208 height= 231 class= back
classid= CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95 standby= Loading
Windows Media Player components...
type= application/x-oleobject >
<param name= loop value= 1 >
<embed width= 208 height= 231 loop= 1 src= 1 >
</embed>
</object>

<script for="Player" Event="Click(iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
language="JScript">
return false;
</script>

<SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseDown( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
LANGUAGE="JScript">
return false;
</SCRIPT>


<SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseMove( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
LANGUAGE="JScript">
return false;
</SCRIPT>


<SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseUp( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
LANGUAGE="JScript">
return false;
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="DblClick( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
LANGUAGE="JScript">
return false;
</SCRIPT>

</body>
</html>


what is the problen with it? and how to do it?

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
"eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, Every Minute.

e-Mail : arvindr@erivasystems.com

Web Site: www.erivasystems.com

Yahoo Messenger : arvish27
"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:nv1911l674behdfieukdsk4g0j2ru1lcf9@4ax.com...
> Maybe ... you might be able to set Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false
> to turn off the pen-presses. If not, you could also try to use this
> scripting to return false (cancel the event) :
>
> The variables in the function call below, iButton and iShiftState, are
> for compatibility only, and will be undefined (no value) when the
> event is fired. fX and fY might have the x and y screen coordinates,
> I've not checked.
>
> <script for="Player" event="Click(iButton, iShiftState, fX, fY )"
> language="javascript">
> return false;
> </script>
>
> You'd have to add that in the HTML *after* the player <object> tags or
> it will barf. In fact, it might barf anyway but try the SendMouseClick
> first and see if that helps ;-)
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:43:06 +0530, "Arvind"
> <arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:
>
> >thanks for your replies!
> >
> >
> >and i have a question.
> >
> >in WMP(6.4) For PIE
> >
> >when the user taps the video region the vide gets pause.
> >
> >is there any way to avoid this?
>
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:09:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

If the Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false didn't work, I don't know
what else to suggest. Also - Internet explorer on PPC doesn't support
JScript, it uses Javascript. Why did you change the code I showed you?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:09:36 +0530, "Arvind"
<arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:

>i ahve tried with the following code without sucess
>
><html>
><head>
>
><script language= javascript >
>function loadplayercontrols()
>{
>Player.FileName="\\Storage Card\\files\\test.asx";
>
>
>Player.ShowGotoBar=false;
>Player.ShowControls=false;
>Player.ShowTracker=false;
>Player.ShowAudioControls=false;
>Player.ShowPositionControls=true;
>Player.ShowDisplay=true;
>Player.ShowStatusBar=false;
>Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false;
>
>Player.Play();
>}
></script>
>
></head>
>
>
>
><body onLoad= loadplayercontrols() text= #000000 leftmargin= 0 topmargin=
>0 marginwidth= 0 marginheight= 0 >
>
>
> <object id= Player width= 208 height= 231 class= back
> classid= CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95 standby= Loading
>Windows Media Player components...
> type= application/x-oleobject >
> <param name= loop value= 1 >
> <embed width= 208 height= 231 loop= 1 src= 1 >
> </embed>
> </object>
>
><script for="Player" Event="Click(iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
>language="JScript">
> return false;
></script>
>
><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseDown( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> LANGUAGE="JScript">
> return false;
></SCRIPT>
>
>
><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseMove( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> LANGUAGE="JScript">
> return false;
></SCRIPT>
>
>
><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseUp( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> LANGUAGE="JScript">
> return false;
></SCRIPT>
>
><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="DblClick( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> LANGUAGE="JScript">
> return false;
></SCRIPT>
>
></body>
></html>
>
>
>what is the problen with it? and how to do it?
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:35:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

even with javascript.

it isnt working.




--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
"eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, Every Minute.

e-Mail : arvindr@erivasystems.com

Web Site: www.erivasystems.com

Yahoo Messenger : arvish27
"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:tom911hj0esvr6d850qh7hlrlsp9brj8h5@4ax.com...
> If the Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false didn't work, I don't know
> what else to suggest. Also - Internet explorer on PPC doesn't support
> JScript, it uses Javascript. Why did you change the code I showed you?
>
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:09:36 +0530, "Arvind"
> <arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote:
>
> >i ahve tried with the following code without sucess
> >
> ><html>
> ><head>
> >
> ><script language= javascript >
> >function loadplayercontrols()
> >{
> >Player.FileName="\\Storage Card\\files\\test.asx";
> >
> >
> >Player.ShowGotoBar=false;
> >Player.ShowControls=false;
> >Player.ShowTracker=false;
> >Player.ShowAudioControls=false;
> >Player.ShowPositionControls=true;
> >Player.ShowDisplay=true;
> >Player.ShowStatusBar=false;
> >Player.SendMouseClickEvents=false;
> >
> >Player.Play();
> >}
> ></script>
> >
> ></head>
> >
> >
> >
> ><body onLoad= loadplayercontrols() text= #000000 leftmargin= 0
topmargin=
> >0 marginwidth= 0 marginheight= 0 >
> >
> >
> > <object id= Player width= 208 height= 231 class= back
> > classid= CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95 standby= Loading
> >Windows Media Player components...
> > type= application/x-oleobject >
> > <param name= loop value= 1 >
> > <embed width= 208 height= 231 loop= 1 src= 1 >
> > </embed>
> > </object>
> >
> ><script for="Player" Event="Click(iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> >language="JScript">
> > return false;
> ></script>
> >
> ><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseDown( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> > LANGUAGE="JScript">
> > return false;
> ></SCRIPT>
> >
> >
> ><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseMove( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> > LANGUAGE="JScript">
> > return false;
> ></SCRIPT>
> >
> >
> ><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="MouseUp( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> > LANGUAGE="JScript">
> > return false;
> ></SCRIPT>
> >
> ><SCRIPT FOR="Player" EVENT="DblClick( iButton, iShiftState, 0, 240 )"
> > LANGUAGE="JScript">
> > return false;
> ></SCRIPT>
> >
> ></body>
> ></html>
> >
> >
> >what is the problen with it? and how to do it?
>
!